• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

Hey, the PHL sub-forum may not have the red taggers it once did, but if you go into a storm thread, you can easily find quality analysis from...Ray.

There are more posters that post in this sub forum than in that sub forum

since when does meteorologist = teacher?

http://weather.about.com/od/weatherfaqs/f/meteorologist.htm

A meteorologist is an individual with specialized education who uses scientific principles to explain, understand, observe or forecast the earth's atmospheric phenomena and/or how the atmosphere affects the earth and life on the planet. This specialized education would be a bachelor's or higher degree in meteorology or an atmospheric science. Individuals who have little formal education in the atmospheric sciences, or who have taken only industry survey courses, and who disseminate weather information and forecasts prepared by others, are properly designated weathercasters.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can tell by my post count, I probably have 2000 posts in total from joining weather boards since 2003ish lol

Im the epitome of read more, post less

I have way too many posts because I'm a big weenie and  I was on Easternwx 24/7 before I got a job at CVS in 2008. I have been five posted 3 times. :cry:

In other hot topic for the day news, the sky had a thunderstormish look to the sky that you usually see in the summer from the showers out west. Excited for storm season baby

It smells like rain.

Forky can post here however he likes as long as he doesn't violate any board rules. There's no requirement that he "teach people". :lol:

He should teach me how he keeps his body in great shape

I agree-the contradictory and incorrect PBP's made things very annoying to read through and also sparked bickering back and forth. One person should do PBP for the Euro, that's it. People can analyze and discuss the resulting output all they want, that should be fine. But people just need to use common sense about what's acceptable and not.

I agree with that. It's a pain b/c I have/had to cross over here to read ECM PBP since the PA forum doesn't have anyone for that, and I can't tell you how many times I saw "Hour X blah blah blah this is going to be way better!!!!" then "Hour Y blah blah blah no it's way worse".

Forky can post here however he likes as long as he doesn't violate any board rules. There's no requirement that he "teach people". :lol:

Agreed. He's not obliged to do anything and I certainly don't expect anything. On the other hand, I lurk ALOT and I appreciate yank's posts also. Not everyone is perfect and I can't quite understand from my POV what this argument for the past week is about.

If you guys don't like each-others posts, just simply ignore and move on. Forky brings dark humor and I dont mind it one bit. Come on guys, spread the wubs and stop the bickering :wub: :wub: :wub: as you can tell by my name, Im not one that likes to see people argue ;)

If you don't like the pbp, just skip over it. It's that simple. I know my posts don't mean **** at all but I gave it a shot.

Actually we will become harsher on bad pbp. It's not a matter of skipping over because entire pages become bad analysis. It's really a problem. One that I hope can be solved.

Actually we will become harsher on pbp. It's not a matter of skipping over because entire pages become bad analysis.

To be fair, it's mostly from the posters that just joined. I noticed alot of clutter from low-post posters alot during the last big snowstorm(s) we had.

Actually we will become harsher on bad pbp. It's not a matter of skipping over because entire pages become bad analysis. It's really a problem. One that I hope can be solved.

Pretty much when giving PbP of the ECMWF state what the model says at a given hour and thats it. No "going to be HECS" or "this is flat as a pancake move on" posts. I can agree with that, more constructive model analysis would be a plus

To be fair, it's mostly from the posters that just joined. I noticed alot of clutter from low-post posters alot during the last big snowstorm(s) we had.

how many of those low post posters have multiple screen names ? 

how many of those low post posters have multiple screen names ? 

Good point. I was getting a hunch that people were creating multiple names to troll. We lasted a long time without the troll invasion of the internet, but I guess no one is safe from the big bad troll lol

It would clean up the threads ALOT. If you add something to it, must be constructive and not weenie-ish. Goal is to keep it as professional as possible but some humor could be allowed just not excessive ;)

Humor is okay in small doses but it doesn't take much from a thread talking about the 0z ECMWF to a thread with pages of weenie jokes or some other type of "humor." Honestly, take the humor to the banter thread. That's why it's here.

I think you should

And mine wasn't? :facepalm:  I could have found a naked one of her but then that wouldn't be acceptable.

You really think that was appropriate to post on the wx-side?  That wouldn't even be appropriate in OT, let alone in a forum that's guest-viewable.

You should be thankful I caught it right after you posted it, and before it got reported, and you didn't get warned and suspended.

You, and a few others, need to think a little bit more about what you post.  Not just pictures, but in general.

Sickman has a point. I think people need to ask themselves, especially in storm threads, "how will this post add to the discussion?" If it's nothing, maybe you should post it in the banter thread although I think one of the main problems is some people think their posts are actually adding to the discussion when they are actually making it worse.

You really think that was appropriate to post on the wx-side? That wouldn't even be appropriate in OT, let alone in a forum that's guest-viewable.

You should be thankful I caught it right after you posted it, and before it got reported, and you didn't get warned and suspended.

You, and a few others, need to think a little bit more about what you post. Not just pictures, but in general.

I agree but not sure how pictures of dead grandmas is OK.. humorous or not

Sickman has a point. I think people need to ask themselves, especially in storm threads, "how will this post add to the discussion?" If it's nothing, maybe you should post it in the banter thread although I think one of the main problems is some people think their posts are actually adding to the discussion when they are actually making it worse.

Yep.

A couple of weeks ago I made a comment about having to start a new thread on a (non)event that was still 5 days out.  The mere fact that we got to 1,000 posts that quickly should have tripped off huge alarms for a lot of people here.

Too much fluff, not enough substance.

I have way too many posts because I'm a big weenie and  I was on Easternwx 24/7 before I got a job at CVS in 2008. I have been five posted 3 times. :cry:

It smells like rain.

He should teach me how he keeps his body in great shape

It probably involves picking things up and putting them down.

Humor is okay in small doses but it doesn't take much from a thread talking about the 0z ECMWF to a thread with pages of weenie jokes or some other type of "humor." Honestly, take the humor to the banter thread. That's why it's here.

Point taken and agree. Discussion thread held to strictly constructive analysis of model/ storm threat. You want to add to it? Make it so it adds to the value of the discussion then

Yep.

A couple of weeks ago I made a comment about having to start a new thread on a (non)event that was still 5 days out.  The mere fact that we got to 1,000 posts that quickly should have tripped off huge alarms for a lot of people here.

Too much fluff, not enough substance.

Quality over Quantity every time.

I agree with that. It's a pain b/c I have/had to cross over here to read ECM PBP since the PA forum doesn't have anyone for that, and I can't tell you how many times I saw "Hour X blah blah blah this is going to be way better!!!!" then "Hour Y blah blah blah no it's way worse".

Doesn't psuhoffman or someone have early Euro access? I thought that was the case.

Mostly you're probably looking out for times we're all upset at the Euro output anyway. ;)

Archived