• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

Serious question, what is the biggest problem that people here have with me? Is it that I post too much?

I post a lot because I have the time to post. Not many posters man this board from morning to night as I do.

I also have a very strong passion for weather and I love discussing it. Nobody in the real world cares about what the GFS is showing...ect. This is my only outlet.

Your posts are great and thats what we're all here for because we love meteorology, yes some people rib you on but its the internet that WILL happen. I have almost 2,800 posts since december 10, 2013 if anything im posting alot. In all seriousness this one of my passions along with cars, fishing and bowling so i try and do as much of it as possible to keep me happy like your doing here because its your passion

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

That's a great quote but I don't see how that's applicable here.

Serious question, what is the biggest problem that people here have with me? Is it that I post too much?

I post a lot because I have the time to post. Not many posters man this board from morning to night as I do.

I also have a very strong passion for weather and I love discussing it. Nobody in the real world cares about what the GFS is showing...ect. This is my only outlet.

Admit when you're wrong...lighten up..don't take things so personally and let things go. Its not worth arguing if a model shows .75" or 1" for an event 4 days out

I'd give that advice to anyone BTW not just you

you fill the board with crappy posts. it would be different if we had more meteorologists to balance it out but we don't

^

Beatrice is back. :lol:

Forky then respectfully start posting some constructive stuff then. Ive heard alot of good things about how you are very smart here in this field from some members and do provide amazing insight.

^

Beatrice is back. :lol:

Forky then respectfully start posting some constructive stuff then. Ive heard alot of good things about how you are very smart here in this field from some members and do provide amazing insight.

there's no point if there aren't others who can reciprocate. i don't have any interest in teaching people... i'm here to read material by people who already know what they're talking about

there's no point if there aren't others who can reciprocate. i don't have any interest in teaching people... i'm here to read material by people who already know what they're talking about

I think you need to seriously lower your expectations of this board.

The number of regular red taggers in this forum is very low compared to the other regions...well except Philly.

You want me to post less then fine, but you need to do your job as a red tagger and help those out that aren't as fortunate as you are to have received a met degree.

I would think that a lot of the red taggers here don't mind sharing their knowledge.

I think these would solve some of the problems.

1) No more pbp on models that aren't the ECMWF. We all have access to them and can read them ourselves. I know some of you have paid access to model sites and get them a few minutes faster, but there is no point of 3 people doing PBP on a model that anyone can see on a site accessible to the public. What makes it even worse is people projecting the "trend" of the model at hour 6 for a storm that is 96 hours out. No more model projection. No more model analysis until it reaches the event. I don't care if you think the PV is 50 miles further west, don't try to project that onto what the model will show for the storm. Way too many times people tried to project model outcomes that ended being wrong, then waffled back and forth as each frame came out. I'm not naming anyone but they know who they are so if anyone replies hostilely we know that's an admission of guilt.

2) PBP on the ECMWF is good if there are differences such as the PV being 50 miles further west, point that out, but do NOT try to project that onto what the model will show for the storm unless you really know what you are talking about and don't just think you know because you have paid access to the ECMWF. I have access to those same ECMWF maps you do and I wouldn't post about what any differences would mean for the storm until the model was out to the storm and I could say what those changes were.

3) "We are going to get crushed" should get crushed. Seriously, no more of that.

4) Work to reduce the volume of posts. I visit this sub-forum and have to go through 10 pages of "IT'S A CRUSHING HIT!" to find any decent analysis.

If you get defensive at more than one of these ideas then maybe you should look at your own posting and instead of thinking "I'm just enjoying my hobby, who is he to say how should I post?" Think "Maybe he has a point and I will try and improve the quality of my posts" and maybe there wouldn't be this argument.

Then why are you a meteorologist?

I think you need to seriously lower your expectations of this board.

The number of regular red taggers in this forum is very low compared to the other regions...well except Philly.

You want me to post less then fine, but you need to do your job as a red tagger and help those out that aren't as fortunate as you are to have received a met degree.

I would think that a lot of the red taggers here don't mind sharing their knowledge.

Exactly.  Forky is a lonely person.

1) No more pbp on models that aren't the ECMWF. We all have access to them and can read them ourselves. I know some of you have paid access to model sites and get them a few minutes faster, but there is no point of 3 people doing PBP on a model that anyone can see on a site accessible to the public. What makes it even worse is people projecting the "trend" of the model at hour 6 for a storm that is 96 hours out. No more model projection. No more model analysis until it reaches the event. I don't care if you think the PV is 50 miles further west, don't try to project that onto what the model will show for the storm. Way too many times people tried to project model outcomes that ended being wrong, then waffled back and forth as each frame came out. I'm not naming anyone but they know who they are so if anyone replies hostilely we know that's an admission of guilt.

2) PBP on the ECMWF is good if there are differences such as the PV being 50 miles further west, point that out, but do NOT try to project that onto what the model will show for the storm unless you really know what you are talking about and don't just think you know because you have paid access to the ECMWF. I have access to those same ECMWF maps you do and I wouldn't post about what any differences would mean for the storm until the model was out to the storm and I could say what those changes were.

3) "We are going to get crushed" should get crushed. Seriously, no more of that.

4) Work to reduce the volume of posts. I visit this sub-forum and have to go through 10 pages of "IT'S A CRUSHING HIT!" to find any decent analysis.

If you get defensive at more than one of these ideas then maybe you should look at your own posting and instead of thinking "I'm just enjoying my hobby, who is he to say how should I post?" Think "Maybe he has a point and I will try and improve the quality of my posts" and maybe there wouldn't be this argument.

:clap:

If you take one or more of those ideas seriously then maybe you should look at your own posting and instead of thinking "I'm just enjoying my hobby, who is he to say how should I post?" Think "Maybe he has a point and I will try and improve the quality of my posts" and maybe there wouldn't be this argument.

I agree-the contradictory and incorrect PBP's made things very annoying to read through and also sparked bickering back and forth. One person should do PBP for the Euro, that's it. People can analyze and discuss the resulting output all they want, that should be fine. But people just need to use common sense about what's acceptable and not.

you fill the board with crappy posts. it would be different if we had more meteorologists to balance it out but we don't

This thread is filled with your posts saying that Yanks posts too much...

...and with other posters commenting on your posts saying that Yanks posts to much.

Archived