WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF A FEW SPOTS RECEIVED A FOOT IF HEAVY SNOW
BAND SETS UP. DID INCLUDE THE POTENTIAL FOR HEAVY SNOW ALONG THE
LAKE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE LAKE ENHANCEMENT SHOULD COME
TO AN END BY 12Z MONDAY...ALTHOUGH SYNOPTIC LIGHT SNOW WILL BE
ONGOING. LIGHT SNOW WILL TAPER OFF MONDAY MORNING. GUSTY WEST WINDS
ARE EXPECTED BEHIND THE DEPARTING SYSTEM...THUS SOME BLOWING AND
DRIFTING OF THE SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED...ESPECIALLY ON NORTH/SOUTH
ROADS.

EURO still ok for YYZ. Looks like about 0.2" of QPF. Some rogue lake streamers dropping dustings and coatings afterwards next week. Maybe there's a chance of at least quasi wintriness.

Given the last few Decembers, 2" would be a major snowstorm in Toronto if this were to happen  :lmao:

This storm has the shades of 2011-12 all over again. With very little precip on the NW side of the storm, its basically like a weak clipper starving for moisture. I wouldn't even consider it anything else. The shear tendency of the pattern is preventing it from digging and gaining energy. 

Next one! Zzzzz

Given the last few Decembers, 2" would be a major snowstorm in Toronto if this were to happen  :lmao:

This storm has the shades of 2011-12 all over again. With very little precip on the NW side of the storm, its basically like a weak clipper starving for moisture. I wouldn't even consider it anything else. The shear tendency of the pattern is preventing it from digging and gaining energy. 

Next one! Zzzzz

Which storm was like this in 2011-12? I blocked most of that winter out of my memory with alcohol :drunk:

Next one! Zzzzz

I barely squeaked out one inch of snow in December 2011, trust me it was bad.  Luckily the rest of the winter was pretty close to normal for snowfall.

Which storm was like this in 2011-12? I blocked most of that winter out of my memory with alcohol :drunk:

Lmaoo, your jokes haha. I tried that to, but i can still remember it. -_- what a horrible winter. And come to think of it, it was so dead boring that I cant remember any storms either, if there were any. But seeing this on the model runs does jog up some memories in my brain. 

That winter made 2009-10 look "good". 

Cold and Dry with LES after this storm, how fun. 

I barely squeaked out one inch of snow in December 2011, trust me it was bad.  Luckily the rest of the winter was pretty close to normal for snowfall.

Dont remind me. That winter was horrible. Atleast you were close to normal, i was way below normal every month. What a warm March that year was. 

Lmaoo, your jokes haha. I tried that to, but i can still remember it. -_- what a horrible winter. And come to think of it, it was so dead boring that I cant remember any storms either, if there were any. But seeing this on the model runs does jog up some memories in my brain. 

That winter made 2009-10 look "good". 

Cold and Dry with LES after this storm, how fun. 

Dont remind me. That winter was horrible. Atleast you were close to normal, i was way below normal every month. What a warm March that year was. 

Oh, my bad. I thought you were directly comparing the upcoming "threat" to a particular storm from that winter.

LOT not buying a completely dry system just yet...

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

THERE IS A CHANCE OF LIGHT ACCUMULATING SNOW OF LESS THAN A HALF
INCH MAINLY SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM GIBSON CITY TO RENSSELAER
FRIDAY.

ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY
MONDAY MORNING. A FEW INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE.

WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 5 BELOW ZERO TO 15 BELOW ZERO ARE POSSIBLE
FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING.

I think just on the dynamics alone 0.15" of QPF is a pretty reasonable assumption for most back deeper in the cold air with this... thus accumulations up to three inches seems reasonable NW of a MSN-DVN-MCI line basically. 

My concern is the negative albedo effect of all the snow being laid down to our South causes what's left of the dying mid level low to eject much further South or the weak surface low moves so far to the South we basically are left with much, much lower QPF.  I guess we'll see what the runs show tonight and go from there.

All in all there may only be one more crack at a decent system sometime out around the week of Christmas and that's probably all she wrote for most of us this month.  I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm sensing a very dry Winter for most of us.

Archived