12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 8-9th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to like the lake effect chances Sunday. Lake induced EL's aren't that high but  the dgz is just 1km above the sfc and models are showing a more ESE component of the wind during the day, the entire SE WI lakeshore might see some action.

Most of the models, including the hi-res ones that are coming into view, are showing the potential for a rogue lake effect band, even for Lake County in N Illinois.  This would be Sunday morning out ahead of the main band.

Most of the models, including the hi-res ones that are coming into view, are showing the potential for a rogue lake effect band, even for Lake County in N Illinois.  This would be Sunday morning out ahead of the main band.

Winds should be light if not calm Sunday morning so there could be some land breeze influence. I wouldn't rule out a mesolow forming...

Winds should be light if not calm Sunday morning so there could be some land breeze influence. I wouldn't rule out a mesolow forming...

I saw something like that on the simulated 4km NAM tonight.

Winds are NE for awhile here early Sunday.

I'm not sure Alek is downplaying, he's just telling it like it is. How many recent winter events  have actually panned out? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the majority of events simply don't live up to the initial hype. 

Initial hype, sure, but for the most part, his downplaying is way too consistent, and some of those events happen as they were projected and he ends up lowballing things.

Archived