.NOW...

LIGHT SNOW HAS BEGUN TO FALL ALONG AND WEST OF A LINE FROM BOONE

TO LASALLE COUNTY. ANOTHER AREA OF FLURRIES AND LIGHT SNOW WAS

FALLING ACROSS NORTHWEST INDIANA. OVER THE NEXT FEW HOURS LIGHT

SNOW WILL EXPAND FURTHER EAST AND COVER ALL OF NORTHERN ILLINOIS

AND NORTHWEST INDIANA. INTENSITY WILL INCREASE WITH AROUND ONE

HALF INCH PER HOUR RATES BY EARLY AFTERNOON...AND VISISBILITIES

REDUCED TO AROUND 1 TO 3 MILES. MOTORISTS MAY ENCOUNTER SLICK

ROADS...ESPECIALLY ON ANY UNTREATED SURFACES AND OVERPASSES.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to be a light qpf but long duration light snow here. Even though its WAA, I am really interested in what ratios are. NAM backed some off its juicy 00/06z numbers, but this little snow event still is looking better than it has all week here. Would simply love a nice powdery inch :lol:. Biggest snow of the season imby is 0.6" (Nov 28) and biggest at DTW is 0.5" (twice, Nov 11 & Nov 28).

Looks to be a light qpf but long duration light snow here. Even though its WAA, I am really interested in what ratios are. NAM backed some off its juicy 00/06z numbers, but this little snow event still is looking better than it has all week here. Would simply love a nice powdery inch :lol:. Biggest snow of the season imby is 0.6" (Nov 28) and biggest at DTW is 0.5" (twice, Nov 11 & Nov 28).

The NAM is really starting to hone in on some healthy lake effect snows in Western Michigan this week.

I've got my live stream up and running in Libertyville, IL for today's event. Hoping enough falls for the season's first shovel!

http://ustre.am/16Txc

Cam is located on the east side of town, adjacent to Old School Forest Preserve

Edit: I like that what was originally forecasted as a nighttime snowfall has turned into a daylight event. Love to watch the snow fall while it's light out.

Lake effect band doing its best to hang on around here while drifting NW.  Still moderate snow for sure with winds blowing and drifting the snow a bit.

I would say what is falling around here is LES, because it's so scattered in nature. Everything that has fallen though has stuck on the roads. Already saw a few accidents.

Archived