joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Pattern Disco- 2013

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So should we expect the trend of the cold loading up in the pnw to continue. Its been two days now. Last week the or looked good and now the ridge looks to far to the west

The cold in the PNW was and is a risk in this pattern. It should do so with pieces of it breaking off east. We had many instances of this same pattern that produced later in the month as the storm track came very close by. 

Sweet Jesus that is cold in Canada. We haven't seen that cold in December in years it seems. Like '07 or '08. I know it's a +AO...but call me crazy...I like seeing it cold there. 

I know...I know...1980s...but just saying.

1980s was +PDO suppression...so I'm not worried about that type of heartbreak. Note the trend of colder on the ensmebles for the 12/3-4 system...that one still could have a shot. Could be a cutter too, but it should be watched.

If today's 12z Euro ensembles verified, we'd have a plethora of chances through middle December. That is some big time cold as you said. They'll be several 'bouts of arctic air breaking off and sliding east I'm sure. The mild SE ridge look should keep it active with the -PNA.

1980s was +PDO suppression...so I'm not worried about that type of heartbreak. Note the trend of colder on the ensmebles for the 12/3-4 system...that one still could have a shot. Could be a cutter too, but it should be watched.

If today's 12z Euro ensembles verified, we'd have a plethora of chances through middle December. That is some big time cold as you said. They'll be several 'bouts of arctic air breaking off and sliding east I'm sure. The mild SE ridge look should keep it active with the -PNA.

Good point about the PDO. I just love having the source region close by so cold because it works in our favor more often than not. 

First post I've been reading many of you for years as a guest, and have enjoyed,and wept,and suffered and celebrated with you in silence, so i figured its time to join. Anyhoo, i guess our next legit chance at something fun is next Sunday but again no blocking to keep the cold in here at least accoqrding toq the gfs. Man i howpe we dont waste this cold that we've worked so hard to get down here. We need to try harder and pull together to make this happen!

Welcome aboard. Great to see you break your silence.

First post I've been reading many of you for years as a guest, and have enjoyed,and wept,and suffered and celebrated with you in silence, so i figured its time to join. Anyhoo, i guess our next legit chance at something fun is next Sunday but again no blocking to keep the cold in here at least accoqrding toq the gfs. Man i howpe we dont waste this cold that we've worked so hard to get down here. We need to try harder and pull together to make this happen!

Welcome to the club.

Your reports will be appreciated (obs. threads) being up near the border.  

Archived