• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
General Obs and Banter Away - Will It Be A November to Remember?

HimoorWx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. There is no electricity running to those building so nothing could spark to set it. The whole place is an eyesore. I know a piece of it was old to the industrial park so at least that will get re-used.

I have a friend who lives on that street (Fremont st), and so much stuff has happened there over the years. It just attracts sketchy activity. Needs to be torn down but the city does not have the $

This mild up has brought back mosquitos or some sort of flying insects that look like them. They are everywhere today..WTF..Does the cold not kill them anymore?

Never has.  Like many species of insects, moths, and bugs, they merely go inactive (hibernate, loosely) during the winter.  Or, at least until it gets mild.

Just bought myself a cheap little weather station. Outside temp seems to be surprisingly accurate or what I paid for the thing. Impressive

What kind?  I got this Ambient Weather station from Amazon and it's actually pretty decent too for the price...

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-WS-1171-Temperature-Barometer/dp/B003OSSH9G/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1384664047&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=weather+station+dew+point

Wow that's awesome for that price. I found mine at kohls of all places. Just stumbled across it, for 20$. It is just temperature, min and max , and a tendency indicator.

Was thinking about asking my gf for one for Christmas that has the rain gauge and the whole nine yards, but I'm not sure.

I'm impressed so far, nailed the sensor to my deck post outside and the temperature seems spot on

LOL...look who is back..This is just priceless stuff..It's just like it was 5 years ago on Eastern..the drunk post still has me laughing

are you actually making the   argument  that  +AO  in  early NOV  NEVER  changes  phases  in the Winter Months?

REALLY? 

dont mean to sound harsh here  but  were  you   like  drunk when made this  obviously  absurd   assertion?

since  1950  the following   OCTOBERS  had  Moderate to strongly   POSITIVE  AO  values  yet  the  Winters  features  either   late Turn around  ( feb  / march)
in the AO into  Negative  Phase... 1954-55   1956-57    1961-62 

AND these   OCT  +AO  featured FULL turn around   of the AO into  negative in   DJF  1957-58 ( a great eastern us winter)  1958-59  1963-64  ( great eastern US winter)  
1964-65  1965-66( great winter)  1967-68  1969-70    1970-71   1978-79  (legendary)  1984 -85  1995-96  (legendary  winter)   and 2005-06  

THANKS  but its just this one topic. This OPI thing is     flawed  BIG time

recall that   method  that  this guy   CHUCK   a met student   had  for  forecasting the   AO  and went for a  blow torch    for the winter  and  how is    could not possibly fail?

Are these OPI   folks  actually making the   argument  that  +AO  in  OCT   NEVER  changes  phases  in the Winter Months?

REALLY? 

dont mean to sound harsh here  but   this is crap 

since  1950  the following   OCTOBERS  had  Moderate to strongly   POSITIVE  AO  values  in OCOTBER yet  the  Winters  features  either   late Turn around  ( feb  / march) 
in the AO into  Negative  Phase... 1954-55   1956-57    1961-62 

AND   these   OCT  +AO  featured FULL turn around   of the AO into  negative in   DJF  
1957-58 ( a great eastern us winter)  
1958-59  1963-64  ( great eastern US winter)  
1964-65  
1965-66( great winter)  
1967-68  
1969-70    
1970-71  
1978-79  (legendary)  
1984 -85  
1995-96  (legendary  winter)  
and 2005-06  

DT is a great resource to have posting again. One of the best at LR pattern recognition. We all have a style. Actually at the Conference in PVD had the pleasure to sit between Wes and Dave.

Ginxy- The Legacy site now is right on the main NCEP page. Unfortunately appears to load slow and might not be worth the time for numerous reasons.

Archived