• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 2013 pattern and discussion

WxJordan

Continuity is what I am looking for 5-6 days out, sure that will be run to run changes, with the overall theme still indicating a possibility. NW NC - Interior VA would be favored, anything outside of those areas would be a bonus type deal this early. Measurable type, even tokens, are almost of unheard in mid November, I remember 2008, we had afternoon snow showers twice in one week, around the 20th of Nov. I would be thrilled with an advisory type of event further inland, patience though, at least we finally have something to track - been awhile!

Welcome back sir!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuity is what I am looking for 5-6 days out, sure that will be run to run changes, with the overall theme still indicating a possibility. NW NC - Interior VA would be favored, anything outside of those areas would be a bonus type deal this early. Measurable type, even tokens, are almost of unheard in mid November, I remember 2008, we had afternoon snow showers twice in one week, around the 20th of Nov. I would be thrilled with an advisory type of event further inland, patience though, at least we finally have something to track - been awhile!

Always enjoy when you post WeatherNC, thanks for your contributions.  I just want to see if we can get the system to dig and give someone (even if only for areas north and east of KTRI) a nice November surprise.  Rarely in the last two years has this forum had much of anything worth tracking within 7 days.  I hope this is the first of many this year.

Welcome back.

So what type of temperatures are we looking at here for next mid-week?  In the mid-atlantic forum I saw some crazy single digits for the surface in WV and a lot of teens.  I guess when you have 1045 highs coming south in November that's what you can get.  Just seems a bit too ambitious for so early in the year.  Either way (snowflakes or no snowflakes), it looks like a cold slap to the face is on the way for most next week.

Man.. The Euro is crazy... :lol: 

It phases 2 pieces of energy at the right time to give parts of the southeast a nice present. However, I'm hesitant because this is 7 days out. The location of either piece of energy could be off a few hundred miles and it would be a no go. Still, fun to watch!  :guitar:

I'm probably more excited (because it's more likely to happen) about the cold coming in with the strong a$$ high pressure settling over us late next week. THAT you can bank on. ;):lol:

Quick update on 12z operational ECMWF scheme...

Relatively close to its 0z solution with a whopping East Coast storm. NOT a big snowmaker in the major cities (start as, end as snow scenario possible from Atlanta GA to Portland ME), but PLENTY of rain and wind with a huge wet snow event in most of Appalachia on November 12 - 15.

If the 12z ECMWF phased a little later, this would allow the energy to dig further southeast which would put more of central NC in the game. Still a long way to go, and we'll probably see all sorts of wild swings in modeling before this is over. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see RDU get buried in one of these ECMWF runs before long, only to probably see it go away and then who knows...the timing of the phase is so crucial to how this plays out it will likely continue to change until 24-48 hours out.

Archived