joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking this storm, if it continues to show up, will trend NW. How much is up for debate.

This is not a cutter, so it should be either trend north or south.

...Wyoming low - or whatever you want to call it. Zonal system.

This is not a cutter, so it should be either trend north or south.

...Wyoming low - or whatever you want to call it. Zonal system.

Sorry, I was looking at the GFS Ensembles around 192-216 hours, saw some with lows in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, etc and assumed it was the same system the Euro is indicating.

Sorry, I was looking at the GFS Ensembles around 192-216 hours, saw some with lows in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, etc and assumed it was the same system the Euro is indicating.

That's alright - there was a lot of systems on that run.

1-4" snow system north of I-80 on the EURO from Iowa eastward at 192 hours!

Then once it gets east of Michigan it blows up into a big snowstorms with accumulations approaching a foot. Looks like Ottawa gets clobbered and near Toronto.

To me the Euro would indicate the potential for something pretty decent sometime later next week.  Shows a very nice baroclinic zone taking shape, with quite the parade of energy moving into the conus.  Has the looks as if it could blow something up pretty good in the Wed-Fri time frame if we can time some of these incoming shortwaves right.

To me the Euro would indicate the potential for something pretty decent sometime later next week.  Shows a very nice baroclinic zone taking shape, with quite the parade of energy moving into the conus.  Has the looks as if it could blow something up pretty good in the Wed-Fri time frame if we can time some of these incoming shortwaves right.

Yeah late next week into next weekend beyond the range of the Euro could be interesting, there is an insane amount of energy smashing ashore toward the end of the model run.

Yeah considering it came back from whatever it was smoking on the 00z run last night.

I drew roughly what the EURO is showing for next week in terms of snow.

blue 1-2", purple 2-5", lavender 6"+

post-2499-0-25016500-1383699534.png

Dude, it is a system that is 8-9 days out, not even worth putting forth effort when it might disappear from the maps in the next few runs. I mean nailing down details at this junction is probably not a good idea.

Dude, it is a system that is 8-9 days out, not even worth putting forth effort when it might disappear from the maps in the next few runs. I mean nailing down details at this junction is probably not a good idea.

I didn't put much effort into that, haha. From my point of view, it shows that at least the EURO is trying to sniff something out. If there is a model that were to get it right; even roughly, the EURO would be it. This is the mid to long range thread after all!  :P

I was just showing people what the EURO is showing without getting in trouble by posting the actual map!

It shows a snow system on the 13th - that is all.

Don't sweat it Geos. I've looked at the mid-range models many times and thought to myself, "What it would mean verbatim?"  I just never took the time to make a map and post it!

It is fine to talk about fantasy land, hell even if there is run to run consistency posting a map in the mid to long range is fine. However making a map for something that is shown on maybe a run or 2 isn't necessary. I mean if we posted hand drawn snow maps of all the fantasy land storms, this thread would fill up fast with things that would never come.

It will be a long winter if we post every fantasy storm with some sort of hand drawn map.

Archived