joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is dry for Sunday on any potential inverted trough...Sunday night looks like coldest of the year though. Quick brief shot of early December wx and then back to milder.

Yeah it's likely the GFS is on crack but ...still, it's been signaled in that model for many cycles now.  It's worth it to mention however fleeting is the hope.

Tip will love the evolution of the euro from day 7 to day 10. :lol:

What a clown scenario that would be...the lakes cutter gets cutoff...and then an arctic high presses down right as the low is trying to eject out of the OH Valley...looks like a 1993-1994 overrunning event except in November, lol. A 1050 sprawling high N of MN.

What a clown scenario that would be...the lakes cutter gets cutoff...and then an arctic high presses down right as the low is trying to eject out of the OH Valley...looks like a 1993-1994 overrunning event except in November, lol. A 1050 sprawling high N of MN.

I know..LOL. Beautiful HP. I'm sure it will evolve just as shown.

looks like the euro's biases of overdoing e canada troughing and holding energy too far to the SW are working in tandem on this run to give that result

Yeah I would agree...that is a bizarre evolution. One that occurs on long range model runs, but not in reality.

Hopefully crack 32 Sunday or Monday night. Although the siting of my thermometer would give Dendrite a stroke, my low still is only 32.5 and it seems reasonable. Makes me feel better knowing Kevin hasn't cracked it either.

He hasn't?

Wow, ORH has done it like 4 times now...even with their terrible radiating site 

looked at the radar this morning and figured it had to be doing something out turned on the light and nothing looked out 5 minutes later and was snowing pretty good with pretty big flakes only lasted about 10 minutes  but was awesome to see!!  :snowing:

Megan saw weenie flakes driving to work this morning around 6:30..she was in Sherborn MA on Rt 27 south.

Tip the new Euro I thought had some hints of precip and cold air from that event too.  Not going to hold my breath but interesting to see.

Will mentioned that it was dry a while ago ... but I am noticing that it, too, has lag-back cyclonic curvature to the pp, with residual wind dynamics (mlv) passing just S of SNE latitude.  I could see a convergence zone in there somewhere, with perhaps a poorly modeled band of cold QPF despite the Euro's dry print.   I recall a couple of Norlund-esque scenarios last winter where the Euro did not perform very well.  Plenty of time to iron this out.

You got a strong -EPO anomaly on this run playing right into it's zany bias to drill heights in SE Canada.  I think the cold dump and big high idea may have some merit -- how much remains to be seen -- because of the antecedent -EPO that is agreed upon by numerous sources.   But after that it's going too crazy -- imho.   Also, the OV quasi-closed low is suspect because I think the run is lagging too much heights into the SW prior to ejection.   

Basically, idea candy only ...

Leela Way has only dropped to 33 degrees at 850 FT. I've been in the upper 20s many nights, with 25 being the lowest so far.

That's impressive for spots in interior New England away from the immediate cost to escape this past 7 days without a freezing temperature.

There can't be many spots left in New England that haven't froze yet...especially at near 1000ft.

I had 17 yesterday morning. That finished off any living plants.

BTW... I saw the great snow pics from Stowe. I was at 4300 ft in the Whites that same day (Sat) and we had 3 inches of snow cover and low 20's at 1:00 PM. It was harsh. :)

That's impressive for spots in interior New England away from the immediate cost to escape this past 7 days without a freezing temperature.

There can't be many spots left in New England that haven't froze yet...especially at near 1000ft.

Leela Way has only dropped to 33 degrees at 850 FT. I've been in the upper 20s many nights, with 25 being the lowest so far.

KTOL might be the last place...even ACK has Had frost :lol:

Archived