joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx Mike.   I've been over yonder and on FB etc. :)  I'll probably post a bit here also now that we are actually entering the interesting wx season again. With the dud hurricane season, it's basically been boring for 7 months now. 

Welcome back to the SNE board, Rick.

Pretty big spread on temps across the region.  Echo's on the door step--not much moistening needed.

43.2/42, Manky mist

maybe right into your hood as well?

I'm on a hill so it should rip although the elevation remains rather flat off to my south. I'm more excited to see how it does from the N and NE. Although I'm  just under a couple of miles or so inland, nothing really in my way as you look N or NE.

Lots of drama on this run.

hopefully your roof gets shredded as long as Momma and the boy are not home that is. my wife got so scared from the Irene tree into the house she wants me to clear all trees out this spring, big bucks. I kid you., nothing worse to go through believe me, insurance companies suck.

hopefully your roof gets shredded as long as Momma and the boy are not home that is. my wife got so scared from the Irene tree into the house she wants me to clear all trees out this spring, big bucks. I kid you., nothing worse to go through believe me, insurance companies suck.

I have trees that are both concerns on S and NE gales. Hopefully since they were unscathed over the last few years...they will continue to do so.

Due north winds actually favor the Champlain Valley and western slopes (Smugglers Notch). Jay Peak and Stowe don't do well with all north winds.

Yeah...north winds below H85 do nothing for me. Even Smuggs won't do all that well...that's more like a Westford to Hinesburg blocking wind. Provided there's veering in the low levels.

In general I've found that north at H85 doesn't do much for the Spine itself. North at 850 but turning west at SFC will clobber areas west of the ski resorts.

Yeah...north winds below H85 do nothing for me. Even Smuggs won't do all that well...that's more like a Westford to Hinesburg blocking wind. Provided there's veering in the low levels.

In general I've found that north at H85 doesn't do much for the Spine itself. North at 850 but turning west at SFC will clobber areas west of the ski resorts.

Or even BTV. Little Champlain valley surprise if it's cold enough?

Or even BTV. Little Champlain valley surprise if it's cold enough?

Taber painted the Spine with some snow this weekend... gave me some hope ;) 

However, this is the time of year when those little meso-scale things can give someone a surprise snow.  Later in the winter no one cares if a surprise 1-2" falls, but this time of year nailing that first accumulation in the populated areas of Chitt Co is hard.

That gradient pattern on the ensembles will likely be sharper than shown thanks to the smoothed out look with increased spread in the 11-15 day. I'd say the nrn tier into NNE probably has a shot of a clipper or two zooming east and dropping some snow in the 9-15 day or so.

That's a nice look to the ensembles. Would be money a month from now

Archived