• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible Severe Wx Monday

Damage In Tolland

Maybe just the fact that this thread exists is what makes me believe that some people think a high threat exists. That's for them to decide. Some ingredients are definitely there but like you said when we've had setups like this before (earlier in the summer), it's done nothing but squat. Setups like these are just teasers to stimulate the mind till actual good events come though. You might be getting your cold weather shot at the end of the month though with Euro weeklies hinting at ridging over GOA so hopefully an eventful Nov. is around the corner. I'm over this crap (minus my warm temps of course).

The thread is titled "Possible severe weather threat", I haven't seen anyone say anything about a high threat or widespread severe weather being expected. But the ingredients are there for the potential for some strong winds -- especially the further south and west you go where there is some more prevalent instability. So I am not too sure what you're driving at in this post.

Anyway, the NAM is pretty impressive still across CT and farther south over NJ. High dew points and a spike to 1000 j/kg of surface based instability just ahead of the front. The strong wind fields and favorable shear just above the surface lends some confidence to the fact that there will be some strong wind reports, maybe even out ahead of the front.

I think the tornado threat is isolated, but wouldn't be surprised to see a spinup embedded within the squall line as it shifts eastward..especially near the best juxtaposition of low level shear and instability over NE PA - NJ and into SE NY and SW CT.

The warm front really has trouble pushing northeast of there, so I think the severe threat will be pretty limited over Long Island and coastal New England. But as always...we will see.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright well this thread went down lol. It's definitely higher further SW, but look at radar. All those links and bow segments are what the discussion is about. TOR warning down by DC now and that environment will move into western SNE later on. Of course it's not a high threat, but early October provides a small window where marine influence is non existent. Question is srfc heating and instability. I suppose you could argue it doesn't deserve a thread, but with the wx so dam

Boring as of late....it's something for people to

Talk about anyways.

Tornado watch up to W New England border. Don't even know what this conversation is about.

Nothing like a TOR watch at 9am in October...

Winds really ramping up at summit level in the Greens. These types of gusts and steadily increasing winds never gets old...it's calm one minute then just freight train gusts out of the south the next minute. The usual ramp up of an approaching low level jet.

Nothing like a TOR watch at 9am in October...

Winds really ramping up at summit level in the Greens. These types of gusts and steadily increasing winds never gets old...it's calm one minute then just freight train gusts out of the south the next minute. The usual ramp up of an approaching low level jet.

May as well slam the door with a bang.  Nada with the wind here thus far.

54.3/54

Maybe just the fact that this thread exists is what makes me believe that some people think a high threat exists. That's for them to decide. Some ingredients are definitely there but like you said when we've had setups like this before (earlier in the summer), it's done nothing but squat. Setups like these are just teasers to stimulate the mind till actual good events come though. You might be getting your cold weather shot at the end of the month though with Euro weeklies hinting at ridging over GOA so hopefully an eventful Nov. is around the corner. I'm over this crap (minus my warm temps of course).

Not every threat will pan out but their is a threat there, otherwise the SPC would not have thrown up Tornado Watches.  And just because the Watched area stops at the CT border does not mean anything will occur in adjacent areas, just that the best chance for development is within that watched area.  Tempered hype and expectations.

This thread is bigger than your backyard.

You think?

Not every threat will pan out but there is a threat there, otherwise the SPC would not have thrown up Tornado Watches.  And just because the Watched area stops at the CT border does not mean anything will occur in adjacent areas, just that the best chance for development is within that watched area.  Tempered hype and expectations.

I know that I'm not stupid.

I haven't looks t anything at all but if that 125 J of Cape pans ou in the 0-3 km level that Ryan posted that is pretty significant actually. One underrated aspect that usually gets discussed in our threads is 0-3km cape.

Anyways on my way home from class and sun tryin to pop though in Hartford

You've made your point clear. You think the treat is minimal. Some agree, some do not.

And for some, this is about as exciting a day as there's been in a while. Sit back and enjoy.

yeah... No need to rain on everyone's parade. If I smoke cirrus I don't post that the storm sucks in a SNE obs thread. There's a threat for the western part of the region so it's worthy of discussion.

Yea I certainly do not expect much, Radarman posted the OKX sounding,. Ugly

We're bracing down here in Northern NJ though. Expecting a few gusts to 50 MPH in the strongest convection early this afternoon and an isolated spin up or two. The NAM has the sun breaking through ahead of the line with around 1000 J/KG of SBCAPE.

We're bracing down here in Northern NJ though. Expecting a few gusts to 50 MPH in the strongest convection early this afternoon and an isolated spin up or two. The NAM has the sun breaking through ahead of the line with around 1000 J/KG of SBCAPE.

seems like a day where NYC get a tor in da bronx

Archived