12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Banter and discussion

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't October average warmer temps than April? Thats not seasons in seasons logic to poo poo 40s in April and love them in October.

Your "seasons in seasons" logic breaks down in spring and fall. You want those two seasons to actually be more like the season they pre-date, not what is "normal" for those seasons.

For ORH, here are the monthly averages:

April:

Avg high: 54.5F

Avg low: 35.5F

Avg temp: 45.0F

October:

Avg high: 58.4F

Avg low: 40.7F

Avg temp: 49.6F

For ORH, here are the monthly averages:

April:

Avg high: 54.5F

Avg low: 35.5F

Avg temp: 45.0F

October:

Avg high: 58.4F

Avg low: 40.7F

Avg temp: 49.6F

Wow by almost 5 degrees on average...October is certainly a warmer month than April. Thanks for the stats. So the month as a whole averages near 60F for highs...seasons in seasons doesn't really bring anything close to winter in October.

Wow by almost 5 degrees on average...October is certainly a warmer month than April. Thanks for the stats. So the month as a whole averages near 60F for highs...seasons in seasons doesn't really bring anything close to winter in October.

Much more likely to see snow and freezes in April than in October.

Actually I think both the dearth of and lack of recurving TC's across the NH will bode well for winter....irregardless of how torched October is.

well I dispute Dr Hart's theory but I think we are in uncharted territory so far this year. Hard to compare years with this year. Without satellites we probably are on C with named storms if that.

People generally care about the environment, look no further to the recycling programs, fuel efficient cars, solar paneled roofs..etc.

You drank the kool aid. These things work because our govt gives $$ to those that do. Recycling has taken off due to huge subsidies to towns. I'm pretty sure it's not people suddenly caring more. But yeah no one wants to breath smog all the time....

January was mild but snow was not far off. February was solid in 2008. BOS had 125% of normal snow in 2007-08.

Dec 2007 was so close to being a month for the ages...had we avoided the Grinch Storm and if 12/30-31/07 hadn't sh** the bed in the final 24 hours, it would have been. Still impressive though...Boston's 2nd snowiest December on record. The week between Dec 13-20 was very enjoyable with 3 pretty good sized snow events.

You drank the kool aid. These things work because our govt gives $$ to those that do. Recycling has taken off due to huge subsidies to towns. I'm pretty sure it's not people suddenly caring more. But yeah no one wants to breath smog all the time....

LOL, Kool aid? It's very easy to chuck stuff out instead of separating it to what is recycled and what isn't. More and more people are doing it. Putting solar panels up still requires work and money....and fuel efficient cars have also increased in popularity. My point is that people generally care about the environment...moreso than 20 or 30 yrs ago.

LOL, Kool aid? It's very easy to chuck stuff out instead of separating it to what is recycled and what isn't. More and more people are doing it. Putting solar panels up still requires work and money....and fuel efficient cars have also increased in popularity. My point is that people generally care about the environment...moreso than 20 or 30 yrs ago.

I'm not sure people at large care more. Educated people tend to and that is the population here at amwx. But let's face it, fuel efficient cars are more plentiful due to government regulations and the cost of fuel. Solar due to tax credits and long term savings. Recycling has bumped up in the last 20 years due to town subsidies to make it work. I don't see much difference in the actual give a sh*t meter over the last 40 years or we'd be off oil by now.

I'm not sure people at large care more. Educated people tend to and that is the population here at amwx. But let's face it, fuel efficient cars are more plentiful due to government regulations and the cost of fuel. Solar due to tax credits and long term savings. Recycling has bumped up in the last 20 years due to town subsidies to make it work. I don't see much difference in the actual give a sh*t meter over the last 40 years or we'd be off oil by now.

That's another story...the oil issue is beyond all of us and we both know how difficult that is to weed off no matter how much people care. I'm aware of all the credits etc to do this work, but still requires out of pocket funds that someone like me doesn't have. There are two categories. Most people probably don't care about AGW not because they don't give a phuck, but because there isn't much they can do. On the other hand, as far as our physical environment goes where people work and play, I think people generally care and do what they can to help out. For instance...something as simple as organic fertilizer instead of high phosphate crap like Kevin puts on his lawn.

That's another story...the oil issue is beyond all of us and we both know how difficult that is to weed off no matter how much people care. I'm aware of all the credits etc to do this work, but still requires out of pocket funds that someone like me doesn't have. There are two categories. Most people probably don't care about AGW not because they don't give a phuck, but because there isn't much they can do. On the other hand, as far as our physical environment goes where people work and play, I think people generally care and do what they can to help out. For instance...something as simple as organic fertilizer instead of high phosphate crap like Kevin puts on his lawn.

Oh..so you're using all organic materials on your lawn?

Congrats MPM

TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW TO MID 80S

/AND POSSIBLY EVEN A FEW LOCALIZED HIGH 80S/ ARE EXPECTED THIS

AFTERNOON.

Meh.

Today: Sunny. Patchy fog this morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times this morning. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph this afternoon

So you're mid month colddown has vanished?

I never called for a mid month cool down, just said it was possible AFTER mid month. I still don't see a pattern break down, but that does not mean we will have 80 through Halloween. I really don't see anything wrong with the pattern as the PV moves towards the N Pole and nrn Canada.

Archived