• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Foliage

Wow

Some of the leaves around here have really begun to change. Notably, the red maples. The tops are already turning red. There's a small one I drive by every day that's nearly all a bright red.  

Also the tulip poplars are going yellow quite a bit earlier than I recall.  I figure the sudden dry spell this month after our monsoon summer has fired it up.

Some of the leaves around here have really begun to change. Notably, the red maples. The tops are already turning red. There's a small one I drive by every day that's nearly all a bright red.  

Also the tulip poplars are going yellow quite a bit earlier than I recall.  I figure the sudden dry spell this month after our monsoon summer has fired it up.

I have a tree on my ride home too traveled by many of years. But its usually 3-6 weeks till kicking in peak for the rest in according to that tree alone.

I've noticed that about the poplars here as well. They really look sickly looking.

Trees around Falls Lake also starting to change. I think we are at least one to two weeks ahead of schedule.  

Funny, I have a Bing Cherry tree that I transplanted from Ashe County (12 years back) that always losses its leaves early, and gets its leaves last. This year It has already lost all its leaves. I think it's still on the mountain schedule.   

Find a place, I'll move up asap.

I wish I was one of the lucky people who can buy a scratch off lottery and win 100K, usually i buy a scratch off lottery ticket and I owe 100K :(  It is so awesome here. I just love it.

Patchy color though, some oranges and some nice reds on the vines and some of the maples. Tomorrow is Mt Mitchell and Altapass Orchards so hopefully some more color at those elevations

:wub: Thanks 'chelle. I dont think Im going to leave on Monday, Im settling here :lol:

It will happen soon Dave  :D 

Find a place, I'll move up asap.

I'm looking forward to his housewarming party  :hug: 

I wish I was one of the lucky people who can buy a scratch off lottery and win 100K, usually i buy a scratch off lottery ticket and I owe 100K :(  It is so awesome here. I just love it.

Patchy color though, some oranges and some nice reds on the vines and some of the maples. Tomorrow is Mt Mitchell and Altapass Orchards so hopefully some more color at those elevations

I will be waiting patiently for you to post pictures :D 

Taken this late afternoon in downtown Blowing Rock, NC.  There is some patchy color here in B.R and Boone.

attachicon.gifFSCN0109.JPG

At it again Dave? You are just killing me with these trips! Really been a noticeable difference in Weaverville over the last week. Things are going to explode once we get a front to come thru & give us our first taste of 30 something lows. By looking at that pic you are going to have a grand time.....enjoy!

At it again Dave? You are just killing me with these trips! Really been a noticeable difference in Weaverville over the last week. Things are going to explode once we get a front to come thru & give us our first taste of 30 something lows. By looking at that pic you are going to have a grand time.....enjoy!

LOL Sorry Don, I love it here so much i cant stay away.  Yeah I told my wife we are about week and a half to two weeks early for peak color here probably. Having a great time already. Gettign ready to head to Mt Mitchell today an see how things look. :)

Nice pics.  Altapass holds the NC state record for most rainfall in a 24 hr period...22.22 inches in July 1916...a bona fide frog-strangler no doubt

http://nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climate/nc_extremes.php

Thanks :)  Yeah I read that there at the Orchard.  Pretty wild to think about that when Im there looking over the area. It must have been a mess. Im surprised Litle Switzerland didnt slide off the mountain.

Archived