joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Pattern Ahead

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen a foot of snow since March '07, so I'm reserving the right to lose it if the next MECS/HECS threat goes to hell and I only get 9''. That's what I got in the 3/2/09 H7 low disaster and what I got on Sunday.

Hard to tell for sure, but I think I finally ended the 12+ drought with this last storm. It was a close call though ... and I sure could go for something a little more definitive ;)

Last 18+ storm was March 01 for me. Jan 03 and Dec 03 were close though IIRC. I'll have to sift through my calendars for what I wrote down.

Just a disaster in the snow department up in the whites. Wildcat looked awful. Went xc skiing at great glen trails. Lots of fun and my first time ever xc skiing. Not watchinh the models for the past 2 days has been nice. It will be perfect coming home for 00z tomorrow and be only 4 days out for a potential storm.

GFS really digs that vortlobe last minute. It develops a low well offshore, but it looks like some OES or inv trough features try and give us snow. It may get interesting after hr 144.

Its encouraging that its still giving a moderate event despite looking so ugly early on in the evolution...the models definitely want to develop a low somewhere in the vicinity of SNE or just south.

18z looks like crap!

Literally it's a near miss but it's nothing to worry about. The major threat is certainly there. Are you going to downgrade your thoughts due to an off hour OP run of the GFS? And verbatim eastern NE gets a decent snow storm this run as the big low winds up and tightens in closer to the coast. snows for about 24 hours at increasing intensity.

Literally it's a near miss but it's nothing to worry about. The major threat is certainly there. Are you going to downgrade your thoughts due to an off hour OP run of the GFS? And verbatim eastern NE gets a decent snow storm this run as the big low winds up and tightens in closer to the coast. snows for about 24 hours at increasing intensity.

At well over 100 hours...:weenie:

We can do the shake and bake for days, looking good. I'm feeling like the bullseye or close to again.

Archived