joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Pattern Ahead

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have no idea how much I appreciate your honesty........it's so easy for others to call me "JI", but ignore some of the other complaints.

Complaining about not getting a 2 foot snowstorm and complaining about being 5 consecutive years below average are two entirely different things...one is understandable, the other makes you look a bit foolish.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your honesty........it's so easy for others to call me "JI", but ignore some of the other complaints.

After nearly 5 years of getting screwed it can be tough. I have to say working in this business can make it a little easier to just "move on" after events. After Sunday's storm I totally checked out of weather for the next couple days when I was on vacation.

I was really disappointed on Sunday when things just started falling apart. I really thought I was a lock for a solid 10" and likely 12" but we just got unlucky with some mesoscale subsidence.

Complaining about not getting a 2 foot snowstorm and complaining about being 5 consecutive years below average are two entirely different things...one is understandable, the other makes you look a bit foolish.

How about this....give me the 28" from Feb 2006 and he can have my 20 6" events.

K.

You weren't a bit aggravated when you saw the pictures coming out of NJ on Monday morning?

Not only not getting a 2' snowstorm, but bellyaching because he got only 12" instead of two feet. I know I shed a tear over that.

You weren't a bit aggravated when you saw the pictures coming out of NJ on Monday morning?

Well I certainly would have preferred to get 25" over 12", but it would have been a stroke of good fortune to receive those amounts. I don't think I'm entitled to them. I'll get another 25" snowstorm at some point, hopefully its this year, but if not, it will come eventually.

I understand the frustration of not getting a monster storm after being so spoiled in the 1990s and first half of the 2000s...but expectations need to be tempered a bit. That was a crazy period of 20" snowstorms. Like I said, we'll get it again in time.

Not only not getting a 2' snowstorm, but bellyaching because he got only 12" instead of two feet. I know I shed a tear over that.

I haven't seen a foot of snow since March '07, so I'm reserving the right to lose it if the next MECS/HECS threat goes to hell and I only get 9''. That's what I got in the 3/2/09 H7 low disaster and what I got on Sunday.

Well I certainly would have preferred to get 25" over 12", but it would have been a stroke of good fortune to receive those amounts. I don't think I'm entitled to them. I'll get another 25" snowstorm at some point, hopefully its this year, but if not, it will come eventually.

I understand the frustration of not getting a monster storm after being so spoiled in the 1990s and first half of the 2000s...but expectations need to be tempered a bit. That was a crazy period of 20" snowstorms. Like I said, we'll get it again in time.

You said yourself that it was a stroke of "misfortune" to not have done better than we did......25", no.....but we got screwed.

I haven't seen a foot of snow since March '07, so I'm reserving the right to lose it if the next MECS/HECS threat goes to hell and I only get 9''. That's what I got in the 3/2/09 H7 low disaster and what I got on Sunday.

I don't understand what is wrong with that....doesn't bother me in the slightest.....aside from when we are close in and threads are highly policed.

You said yourself that it was a stroke of "misfortune" to not have done better than we did......25", no.....but we got screwed.

Well I would have expected something more than what we got, but not 24"...I think I went 9-18" actually and leaned toward the higher end...so more like 14-18. That's still a far cry from 2 feet.

Well I would have expected something more than what we got, but not 24"...I think I went 9-18" actually and leaned toward the higher end...so more like 14-18. That's still a far cry from 2 feet.

I understand that.....I stated that in the post.

If I got what Boston did, then I would have complained much less.

Who knows... we could go 15 or 20 years without seeing another one!

I don't understand what is wrong with that....doesn't bother me in the slightest.....aside from when we are close in and threads are highly policed.

Well, I try not to b**ch too much on the wx side. My best meltdowns have been in the Red Sox threads.

Who knows... we could go 15 or 20 years without seeing another one!

That is definitely true....we could. Though given its already been 5 years...hopefully we are getting close to the next one. Lets get this PV to dig another 100 miles and we can stop this conversation, lol.

It's not only just that "I haven't gotten a HECS", either......the frustration is compounded by the fact that so many others have over the course of the past year (many on multiple occasions)....everyone from VA-SW CT......then skipping over to N ME.

It's easy to find other samples in which I have gone this long without, but find me another sample in which HECS after HECS had been occuring, while avoiding this area with surgical precision.

It's easy to make me look like a fool by broad brushing it with it the 'ole "no HECS in 6 years, big deal" characterization.

It's not only just that "I haven't gotten a HECS", either......the frustration is compounded by the fact that so many others have over the course of the past year (many on multiple occasions)....everyone from VA-SW CT......then skipping over to N ME.

It's easy to find other samples in which I have gone this long without, but find me another sample in which HECS after HECS had been occuring, while avoiding this area with surgical precision.

It's easy to make me look like a fool by broad brushing it with it the 'ole "no HECS in 6 years, big deal" characterization.

At least you got big snows in 2005.. I havent seen 20" or more in a storm since 2001

Archived