joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Pattern Ahead

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it would go to town quicker to the se and not go so far north. Verbatim, it wouldn't be a great solution for us, but Maine gets crushed. I agree that it does look better than the op. Like you said, we are still 5-6 days out.

Yeah instead of 3-6 like the OP showed, it might give us like 5-10 on the ensembles with that type of track...Maine would get a HECS. Lots of time to work out details though...you get that thing popping just a hair sooner and it changes a lot of things for eastern SNE....and perhaps further west too depending on how early it goes nuts.

Hell this thing could turn into a windex event too...132 hours out.

I like having the trough axis over the central part of the country. It should give us a few chances at something, even if nothing is modeled right now.

Especially with that type of airmass lurking to the north and probably even leaking down into our region. Could be one of your huge plains highs where the cold leaks down the eastern flank of it into New England...ala 1994.

Especially with that type of airmass lurking to the north and probably even leaking down into our region. Could be one of your huge plains highs where the cold leaks down the eastern flank of it into New England...ala 1994.

The whole Northern tier of the country is rapidly cooliing, we are becoming Europe in Dec. The three SNE weenies who are heading out of country might be missing a historical epic period.. Jerry will have nothing on them for missed weather while out of town. AWT

The whole Northern tier of the country is rapidly cooliing, we are becoming Europe in Dec. The three SNE weenies who are heading out of country might be missing a historical epic period.. Jerry will have nothing on them for missed weather while out of town. AWT

Who's heading out? I just cut one trip down from 7 to 2 days (bare minimum necessary).

I wish it would go to town quicker to the se and not go so far north. Verbatim, it wouldn't be a great solution for us, but Maine gets crushed. I agree that it does look better than the op. Like you said, we are still 5-6 days out.

I'll tell ya, if that soloution comes to pass...wow.

Bombed a bit too early last time, now that would be a bit too late.

DT fires for us despite GAYS pessimism

First lets deal with the January 7 – 8 threat. This event is not going to be a Middle Atlantic winter storm but it will be a very impressive New England snowstorm . Anybody who tells differently does know what the talking about. How can I make that call and what has changed? The European model and some of the runs of the Canadian and GFS were focusing on more energy coming out of southwest Conus. That is no longer the case because there is not enough energy coming out of the southwest. All the model data continues to show that the strong polar vortex will dive out of Hudson’s bay Canada and move through the Great Lakes then into New England. Earlier it looked like this movement would combined with the energy coming out of the southwest to form the Middle Atlantic coastal storm.

I would think if you split the difference between the GFS and the Euro, you'd have primarily a system that is lighter for the western areas of both MA, and CT. Vermont would fare the best of the western areas. Of course, I may be way off on that. I hope DT doesn't know his geography and considers NYS a New England state. lol

I'll tell ya, if that soloution comes to pass...wow.

Bombed a bit too early last time, now that would be a bit too late.

You really got to shake the HECS fetish. They are tough to come by. If you get a moderate to heavy event from a late blooming Miller B, you should be ecstatic about it. If it trends into something a lot more robust, then all the better.

You really got to shake the HECS fetish. They are tough to come by. If you get a moderate to heavy event from a late blooming Miller B, you should be ecstatic about it. If it trends into something a lot more robust, then all the better.

I don't "have to" do anything......I want a HECS.....I'll take 6-12", but if ME gets one after NJ did, then I'd be pissed.

I don't "have to" do anything......I want a HECS.....I'll take 6-12", but if ME gets one after NJ did, then I'd be pissed.

That's true.

But just don't b**ch about it incessantly on the board until it becomes nauseating. It's the Ji syndrome of complaining about not getting something that is extremely rare.

Damn--why do I have to go to Jamaica? It's only for three days, but just the same. It's winter, man!

Can I complain about not getting a "normal" winter since 2006?

Lol...yeah you have a lot more reason to complain. Its like you bought Feb 2006 on the black market and paid way more than you should have...2 winters should have been enough.

Archived