• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What are your ideal summer temperatures?

Quincy

What are your ideal summer temperatures?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ideal summer HIGH temperature?

• <70°
    • 70° to 79°
    • 80° to 89°
    • 90° to 99°
    • 100°+
  2. 2. What's your ideal summer LOW temperature?

• <50°
    • 50° to 59°
    • 60° to 69°
    • 70° to 79°
    • 80°+
  3. 3. What's your ideal summer dew-point temperature?

• <45°
    • 45° to 54°
    • 55° to 64°
    • 65° to 74°
    • 75°+

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing like 94/71 with 90° water temp..so refeshing.

I've been a few times in summer too and it's terrible.

Love warm ocean waters. I'll take 85F water over 60F water any day of the year. Carolina beaches and south are where its at.

I want to be able to stay in the water, play some sports/activities in it, and enjoy it.

Love warm ocean waters. I'll take 85F water over 60F water any day of the year. Carolina beaches and south are where its at.

I want to be able to stay in the water, play some sports/activities in it, and enjoy it.

Def the people with "meatiness" that prefer the cold summer and ocean and air temps near 70. Anyone else enjoys the warmth , dews and , refreshing upper 70's to near 80 water

60 is too cold. 85 is max I could handle. Anything in the 70s is perfect.

I have vacationed for years in the northern OBX, it can get sneaky cold there even mid summer(u50s low 60s)because of the Labrador current(I think)and some nasty upwelling.

If you're near the shore 95/75 isn't that bad...and I actually enjoyed the 90F waters. The only thing I didn't like was the critters that came with it. I was at Barefoot Beach once and the closest SST station was reporting 93F. It was sand dollars galore 5ft into the water. Those are not a joy to walk on.

But 85F is probably my preferred temp. You can just stay out in it as long as you want without getting chilled...and it's still refreshing considering the ambient temp. To each their own though. I love cold and heat. :nerdsmiley:

this board is biased. most of my non wx friends prefer summer temps in the 80's and they also hate winter

Yeah the general vote on here is for 70s in summer...but I can buy that the general public probably prefers something a bit warmer in summer...low/mid 80s. You could probably invert the results for 70s and 80s in this poll and that would be the public's view. They definitely hate humidity though...just extremes in general the public hates. They hate sweltering humidity and heat waves and despise frigid temps and snowstorms.

That water is gorgeous.  Nice.

I've been to Bahamas, Cozumel, and Hawaii previously....none came close to matching that water...and that's not an indictment on those other areas either...they have beautiful water. Maldives was just on another level.

That was a stomach bleed in 2004. I went to FL in 07-08.

I had a stomach bleed in 93 that was brutal too, hole bored in my duodenum hit a artery from a parasite picked up from getting splashed by cows running through a field when I was soil sampling with USDA. Spent a week in the hospital with two surgeries. Blood count was extremely low, I can relate. ER Dr saved my life diagnosed it immediately, it burst and blood was coming out of everywhere, Ebola like.

I had a stomach bleed in 93 that was brutal too, hole bored in my duodenum hit a artery from a parasite picked up from getting splashed by cows running through a field when I was soil sampling with USDA. Spent a week in the hospital with two surgeries. Blood count was extremely low, I can relate. ER Dr saved my life diagnosed it immediately, it burst and blood was coming out of everywhere, Ebola like.

Heh...similar symptoms but different cause. My official diagnosis was Dieulafoy's lesion. Just a birth defect with an artery on the stomach lining...got an aneurysm there and off to the races it bled.

I don't like anything that starts with Die.

diet is another one that sucks

Anyways...I have to laugh at my answers to this poll from 2013. You can tell we were coming off of a summer with some warm mins. I still like the afternoon 70s, but would upgrade my mins from 40s to 50s. I'll up the dews to 45-54F too.

Anyways...I have to laugh at my answers to this poll from 2013. You can tell we were coming off of a summer with some warm mins. I still like the afternoon 70s, but would upgrade my mins from 40s to 50s. I'll up the dews to 45-54F too.

While camping being outside 65% of the time at 85/60 then sleeping with no amenities having 65/50 overnight is just perfect and one of the reasons I love camping in the Whites  so much.

The older and more in shape we get the easier we get cold, and the more we want heat and dews in season

Archived