Newest Member
    Toothache
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Cantore ‏@JimCantore 1h

The 3 month (MJJ) precipitation total of 23.15" at Burlington Intl Airport is the 2nd wettest 3 month period in historical RECORD. #VTwx

The amazing part of that is that BTV has some of the best long-term climate records in the northeast dating back to 1881, so there is a long period of record for precip, snowfall, and temp data.

The damaging drought led to the 2nd wettest period in over 130 years.

The amazing part of that is that BTV has some of the best long-term climate records in the northeast dating back to 1881, so there is a long period of record for precip, snowfall, and temp data.

The damaging drought led to the 2nd wettest period in over 130 years.

Yeah, that's incredible! 

I wonder if all the rain in May/June helped add to the June/July stretch of high dew points in some way. 

Yeah, that's incredible!

I wonder if all the rain in May/June helped add to the June/July stretch of high dew points in some way.

I would imagine it did...there was a lot of land mass that was pretty much saturated as much as it possibly could by the end of June, so I'm sure that enhanced low level dews/moisture.

July was below average in Orlando, but even 90/75 is below average there, lol.

Well, MCO has temps between 92-95 for the next 7 days which is pretty routine

Just some people I know had been describing it as hotter than they normally experience

Maybe the dews tickled higher???

But yeah, MCO was negative for July. Interesting

Well, MCO has temps between 92-95 for the next 7 days which is pretty routine

Just some people I know had been describing it as hotter than they normally experience

Maybe the dews tickled higher???

But yeah, MCO was negative for July. Interesting

Yeah, their average temps for the first half of August is 92/75, which is close to the latest forecasts.

Dews have been between 73 and 77 the past few days there though... Kevin will be in his glory.  :sizzle:

enjoy the reading :Historic New England Storms, love the intro and the talk of climate change references . 1774-1775 was a dead ratter winter

http://books.google.com/books?id=1w-CLumC_3IC&printsec=titlepage#v=onepage&q&f=false

Lots of cool stuff in there, and I only skimmed.  Odd that 3/1888 missed the cut even though an event from 1890 was included.  I also looked for the 10.1869 Saxby Gale, but perhaps that was too far east to have gained noteriety.  Also noted that, 75 yr after "1800-and-froze-to-death", the Tambora connection was evisdently still unknown, at least to this author.

While certainly a low chance, we do have to watch the timeframe from like 7 to probably midnight tonight.  Some models are developing some sfc based instability, especially towards the south coast with a decent amount of 0-1 and 0-2km shear and some pretty curved hodographs.  Timing is not what we'd expect for possible spinups but the possibility can't be ignored.  

Lots of cool stuff in there, and I only skimmed. Odd that 3/1888 missed the cut even though an event from 1890 was included. I also looked for the 10.1869 Saxby Gale, but perhaps that was too far east to have gained noteriety. Also noted that, 75 yr after "1800-and-froze-to-death", the Tambora connection was evisdently still unknown, at least to this author.

yeah seems some notables are missing but I still love that stuff

yeah seems some notables are missing but I still love that stuff

Sounds like March was a Spring month back then too.

THE winter of 1666 67 was unseasonably warm. The ground was but slightly frozen and very little snow fell in any portion of New England. It was one of those winters that gave the inhabitants the notion that the climate was changing and that they would not again experience such severe seasons as they had passed through since the settlement of the country. Each mild winter has brought into men's minds the same thoughts which would be dissipated when the succeeding winter with its cold and snow came upon them

Archived