Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early August Wx Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The countdown to legit snow threat is now under 100 days, this of course after multiple CV east coast thrashings. Figure Wiz can do it for May 1st so why not have someone mention it for Winter. :weenie:

I'd say the countdown is still at 120 days really.....12/1 is when not getting snow is a big deal.....at least where I'm at.....still winter can't get here fast enough.....

Careful what you wish for. Mark our words

In what way? Like a warm fall if its cold in August? I'm not really wishing for anything, just following the ebb and flow of the weather.

Doesn't matter what I (or anyone) wishes for, the weather will do what it wants. If it mattered what I wished for, it would be snowing right now :lol:.

Why am I not remembering the 11/7 one? Was that last year with the jackpot near I-84?

Yeah, that one was last year, just a week after Sandy hit.  6-12" in parts of SNE, and it even snowed on the Jersey Shore. 

I'll never forget watching Mike Seidel as snow was falling in the same spot as he was broadcasting a week prior for Sandy.  (Point Pleasant Beach, NJ)

Yeah, that one was last year, just a week after Sandy hit.  6-12" in parts of SNE, and it even snowed on the Jersey Shore. 

I'll never forget watching Mike Seidel as snow was falling in the same spot as he was broadcasting a week prior for Sandy.  (Point Pleasant Beach, NJ)

Oh yeah... how could I forget about that.  Sandy just overshadows that one but that's right, that was bizarre. 

Hopefully get to see some famous Florida damaging lightning strikes while down there. I recall some vicious lightning storms down there when I was younger

I remember being in the Tampa area with distant storms over the ocean.  It saw awesome watching that steady stream of bolts from a safe distance.

Oh lol yeah. Among other places in that area. Can't wait

Last fall we took our daughter to Orlando.  Of course, we let her choose the parks.  For our second day of parks, I was really hoping she'd pick a disney one (we had done' Universal/Islands the first one).  She chose Sea World.  She thought it was great, so it was a success.  But, it really kind of sucked in my opinion.  You can go to Mystic or Boston for an aquarium...

Onto the weather--looks like August is going to charge out of the gates with some above-normal rainfall.  Three consecutive months of wet weather looks like a good bet.  Hopefully we'll be working with similar bouts of storrminess come Nov-March.

56.7/56

There may be a pretty good band of +RA in a convergence zone somewhere over central...possibly ern ma tonight. You can see it on te SREFs too..the low developing will aid it. The low to the south almost wants to throw a wrench into things, and it's possibly we may have two areas of rain with a big split in between areas of heavy rain. One area of heavy rain might be near or just SE of Cape Cod.

Archived