12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Christmas Storm

Cold Rain

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if Im wrong but wouldn't the NW burbs of Atlanta be just as well off on this one. Is CAD really that big of a factor in this storm? People are quick to include the NE burbs in everything but not all of us live on that side of the state. I'll go back to my eager reading.

Correct me if Im wrong but wouldn't the NW burbs of Atlanta be just as well of on this one. Is CAD really that big of a factor in this storm? People are quick to include the NE burbs in everything but not all of us live on that side of the state. I'll go back to my eager reading.

IMHO...I think all of Atlanta would do good per today's canadian and EURO. Personally I can't recall a past situation where the NE burbs got snow while the rest of ATL got screwed.

Plenty of time for the low to get right...and get down to Fla. If not, well, we can enjoy our rain and make up drinking songs about how much we wish N.C. would share the snow...just once :)

Another warm day here...48.5, 49.8, and 50...take your pick. T

:lol: I'll bring the guitar..... the Jose is already on ice just waiting for 12/31 :wub:

Currently 48.9 here at work...... T - 1 hour and 29 minutes before my Christmas vacation begins :drunk:

Correct me if Im wrong but wouldn't the NW burbs of Atlanta be just as well off on this one. Is CAD really that big of a factor in this storm? People are quick to include the NE burbs in everything but not all of us live on that side of the state. I'll go back to my eager reading.

Further east has more liquid as the low intensifies, but I thinkl most of the north ATL burbs do well.. From what I see, could be wrong

Folks, folks........I'm a total weenie and I know it. That is why I rarely post. And with this event the number of useless posts is going to skyrocket to the point where I have to block many of you just to keep up with the METS and more educated posters. PLEASE refrain from commentary unless you have substance to add. It makes the board unreadable when you log in and have to sort through 250 posts just to find the model discussion.

Not trying to be negative, just practical.

How things changed...I can't wait for their afternoon disco. They'll probably play things down for now since we're still far out and this is a relatively recent trend, but this is shaping up to be a fun week for our WFOs...:popcorn:

I see a lot of people will be glued to models and this forum. Fun times aheah for sure!

How things changed...I can't wait for their afternoon disco. They'll probably play things down for now since we're still far out and this is a relatively recent trend, but this is shaping up to be a fun week for our WFOs...:popcorn:

Ha I am actually gonna be heading back south to Dalton tonight and will be filling in this week and next for the holidays at my old station so I am getting a little excited myself on possible forecasts!

Further east has more liquid as the low intensifies, but I thinkl most of the north ATL burbs do well.. From what I see, could be wrong

Both March storms the past 2 years reminded me of this. This storm seems a little different. It seems to have its act together a little sooner.

I wouldnt' sweat the QPF amounts. Even in .50 to .75" amount liquid, theres going to be some good ratios on the north sheild. During 1988 (colder aloft I know) the storm only dropped about .25" or so if I recall, yet that was widespread 10" to 15" amounts. If youre in the north side, the amounts are going to be good I think. The models continue getting colder beause the NF vortex is so strong. The wave in the Southwest coming into Texas is due east the whole track. Its a golden setup, great overunning, and great qpf maker, even though its not labeled as that yet, It will be over time I think. Excellent divergence as well. Still the biggest question is the northenr stream.

I know i'm a litlle late with this reply foot, but, speaking of the '88 storm, remember it well and yeah this is beginning to look an awful lot like that one. It was a dry one here in my neck of the woods but, as you said, high ratios allowed us to pick up a decent fall of 7 inches.

The amounts on the mods seem kinda low to me given the setup. The strength and size of the 500mb vort on the euro at day 5 sitting in TX would argue for a pretty big precip shield. There will certainly be a noticeable UL vortex in TX on the Water vapor in a few days if the mods are right.

I'm glad I read through the last 4 or 5 pages. I was gonna ask a question, concerning the precip shield. That is one thing I noticed played a major role in the February 12th, 2010 snowstorm (as, far as amount and duration) in this neck-of-the-woods.

Appreciate it, HKY!

I'm glad I read through the last 4 or 5 pages. I was gonna ask a question, concerning the precip shield. That is one thing I noticed played a major role in the February 12th, 2010 snowstorm in this neck-of-the-woods.

Appreciate it, HKY!

Where's your neck of the woods? You need to update your settings and input your location! :)

I'm glad I read through the last 4 or 5 pages. I was gonna ask a question, concerning the precip shield. That is one thing I noticed played a major role in the February 12th, 2010 snowstorm in this neck-of-the-woods.

Appreciate it, HKY!

This setup is kinda similar to January 29, 2010. Notice the radar image from that system below... Juicy.

20100129_1800_nowrad.gif

Archived