northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Christmas Storm

Cold Rain

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One effect of all of this is DELAYING the onset of precip quite a bit -- instead of Christmas Eve it's Christmas Day.

1012 low in Fl, and snow over most of the interior Southeast at 126. Looks like good amounts have already occurred in N. Ala, Ga, Tenn and western Carolinas. Cold! Snow is about to ATL or the burbs. The full phase maybe delayed or denied thanks to the strong newfoundland vortex though

Well the track of the surface feature is excellent for most of us. The model doesn't generate a ton of precip , but several inches is not shabby. Intesnifying low over southe Georgia and snow all over the Carolinas, north and west of CAE is the line, east Tenn to southeast Ky and Va. Looks like as the coastal gets going most eveyrone goes over (like CAE and southeast NC where initially rain)

1012 low in Fl, and snow over most of the interior Southeast at 126. Looks like good amounts have already occurred in N. Ala, Ga, Tenn and western Carolinas. Cold! Snow is about to ATL or the burbs. The full phase maybe delayed or denied thanks to the strong newfoundland vortex though

Looks just delayed...at hr 138 things look good to ride the coast.

Any QPF details? Hard to believe the Gulf wouldn't be tapped with a low over Mobile.

Ignore the QPF numerical output until we're within 72 hours. But, yes, by the track of this system originating from the Gulf, it should have plenty of moisture to pull from.

This Euro is looking very similar to the CMC- would be snow for a lot of folks including far north and NE Georgia, probably just a very close miss here. If this is true a Xmas road trip up to the NE part of the state seems in order...

I'll take this is a dream run. Love the track of all teh features involved, and for LOTS of the southeast, you' cant beat this. of course not every single location wil hit the jackpot, but this is the best setup to give many of us the most possible. A greatest common denominator. I'd say the snow DOES get to ATL but they re ont eh line verbatim, the trend though is a little colder. With the surface low so far south, their in the Game but a safer bet now is the I-20 and north. Its overall very remininscent of Jan 88 but without a jetstreak ahead of the overrunning, dont know haven't seen that yet. The GGEM had the looks for sure. Great run, we can worry about amounts later. If the phase is later and not aas strong, then it won't be a big time dumping snow, but some places getting over 6" is a good snowstorm in my opinion. The fact it starts in less than 5 days is great as well. Hopefully things trend better and better. You' can't ask for a better past 24 hours of model watching, ever , probably for the Southeast.

This Euro is looking very similar to the CMC- would be snow for a lot of folks including far north and NE Georgia, probably just a very close miss here. If this is true a Xmas road trip up to the NE part of the state seems in order...

Cheeze, not to be fical, but the CMC at face value would be a hit for the NE burbs... even looks I-20 northward at the 12Z mark on Christmas day.

One thing is for sure, the trend has come south.... I hate being on that fine line, a ton of models between now and Saturday for sure. At least we are in the game.

Archived