joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at it, the more this setup resembles 6/5/10. Some of the sfc/upper air similarities are pretty uncanny actually. If nothing else perhaps it's an indication that there's a fine line between primarily a damaging wind event and a significant tornado outbreak.

I was simply referring to the computer model which clearly shows the worst of the line north of I70. (Which isn't out of the realm of possibility)

It is the only model that is that far north, I think hm8 was posting it for the sake of showing the potential the setup has, not saying that is what will happen and that the risk needs to be shifted per one model. Unless we see a completely dramatic shift northward on all models at 00z, I don't expect any major changes for the 2am outlook, any changes would be merely cosmetic. Other than whether or not they want to go 45% or 60% for wind.

It is the only model that is that far north, I think hm8 was posting it for the sake of showing the potential the setup has, not saying that is what will happen and that the risk needs to be shifted per one model. Unless we see a completely dramatic shift northward on all models at 00z, I don't expect any major changes for the 2am outlook, any changes would be merely cosmetic. Other than whether or not they want to go 45% or 60% for wind.

ARW was similar as was 18 4km nam

I was thinking about that as well. The potential derecho has some amazing parameters to not only sustain it, but keep it violent for a long period of time (well past the OHV). With the threat of a derecho event possibly containing 70-85 knot winds and supercells with extremely potent downbursts in a populated region, I'd hazard a guess that the SPC would at least have to think for a second or two on whether or not to issue a 60% hatched for wind tomorrow. Regardless, Im happy for all of you GL/OV guys! Finally getting your share of the severe season. 

If I'm here tomorrow posting radar images, thats a bad sign. 

prob_to_cat_day1_seetext.jpg

Archived