• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Threat June 11-13

Hoosier

I think in regards to any expansion of the moderate risk into Michigan the furthest I would feel comfortable going is up to 94. GRR has that in their AFD for sig. severe. All depends on the evolution of the MCS tonight, and how far east it goes, where it lays down boundaries, and how it affects the warm front's progression. Probably going to get the northern end of any derecho, so who knows. Looks better for IN/OH/IL though. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was checking the 12z NAM for Toledo, Ohio temp profile and parameters tomorrow. There is close to 2000 CAPE with a 0-6km shear of nearly 80 knots at 18z (2:00PM) tomorrow. Storm relative helicity is about 200m2/s2. EHI in northwest Ohio is up to 6. That 80 knots is insane stuff. I would tend to think the 0-6km shear (and possibly helicity) may decrease by some amount by the time convection fires.

Certainly looks good for the areas outlined by SPC. Ontario looks like it will miss out except maybe for the Windsor-Essex area. Depending on how things evolve tonight I may make the drive down to there to try and get a few good shots of the system's brief encounter with Canada.

Can probably start throwing out the "D" word with some confidence...well, as much as you can have the day before I guess. It's more a question of where (how quickly things congeal and how far north) than if, imo. Love these types of setups where areas sw stay capped.

Can probably start throwing out the "D" word with some confidence...well, as much as you can have the day before I guess. It's more a question of where (how quickly things congeal and how far north) than if, imo. Love these types of setups where areas sw stay capped.

yeah, it's going to happen for you guys.  Lock it in.

yeah....cap is weakening west of Rockford though FWIW

We'll probably see crappy elevated storms fire NW to SE along the warm front for much of the evening...doubt any of it organized into anything of note.  We'll have to watch further upstream into S. MN for that.

Going to be a little disappointing if we get "skipped" with like 40 mph winds. :lol:

Ha, yeah.

IDK dude, you look about as prime as prime gets with rooms for wobbles either way. 

Sure. But just saying they don't always go as scripted. That being said, I'm excited for our prospects.

I wonder if we will see our first PDS Severe Thunderstorm Watch in a couple years tomorrow?

Perhaps, although the updraft helicity product from the WRF suggests the tornado threat would be high enough for a tornado watch with very high wind probs, also, given the low level shear, the derecho itself (if it does develop) may be more tornado friendly than some others we have seen.

We'll probably see crappy elevated storms fire NW to SE along the warm front for much of the evening...doubt any of it organized into anything of note.  We'll have to watch further upstream into S. MN for that.

starting to look a little better then just garbage at the moment....really blowing up there

18z NAM/RAP differ on exact placement/strength with the sfc low as we get into tomorrow morning. The RAP has it down to 1000mb about to pass over OAX at 12z tomorrow morning where the NAM is has it weather (1004mb) and further south then tracks along the IA/MO border. This NAM run would def be a 1-80/central IL/LAF hit and keep northeast IL in the cool lake breeze air.

Dtx and saying the warm front only makes it to the state border but areas south of a line from Jackson to Detroit have the best shot at severe +enhanced tornado risk due to proximity to front

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Archived