Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/24 - 3/25 OBS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.2" here, our street is now wet; intensity has lessened since 8 am. 

Last week the coastal strip accumulated snow during the early afternoon as the band developed, even some slush on the roads.  Obviously one needs moderate rates, but I wish the it cant accumulate during the day in late March/early April urban legend would disappear.  Also other factor is its been cold, we have had sub freezing mins so its not like we had four days of 70+ (like 1997) temps leading into this.

Very true. The big question this afternoon is how far west (duh) will the strongest bands get. There is some evidence already that the rates will shift out of the I-95 corridor and especially the NW suburbs (it is the SE burbs that I'm not sure about). This situation can become dicey again after sunset, too, with lingering snow showers and borderline temperatures.

There is some evidence already that the rates will shift out of the I-95 corridor and especially the NW suburbs (it is the SE burbs that I'm not sure about).

Modeling has hinted this pretty strongly too.  The end of these spring storms are always dicey...  seen a bunch of times where a heavy wet snow tapered off to non-accumulating snow even at night because rates were light and temps actually rose a bit. 

Looks like you or someone who gets lucky this afternoon in S NJ will win.

Yup, Paul's elevation and being in better precip rates this morning than others further east/north has helped him tremendously.

For the past 40 minutes, snow has been relatively light in Spring Mount.  Current temp up to 34 degrees at 10:10 AM.  Total snow is 1.5".

Modeling has hinted this pretty strongly too.  The end of these spring storms are always dicey...  seen a bunch of times where a heavy wet snow tapered off to non-accumulating snow even at night because rates were light and temps actually rose a bit. 

That's true. Heck, we could see the temps bounce upwards pretty quickly this afternoon as we lose the rates along I-95.

TTN is still going strong but it seems like time is running out. If this system came in 6 hours sooner, meh why go there? lol

That's true. Heck, we could see the temps bounce upwards pretty quickly this afternoon as we lose the rates along I-95.

TTN is still going strong but it seems like time is running out. If this system came in 6 hours sooner, meh why go there? lol

:lol:

I will vouch for that.

Archived