Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/24 - 3/25 OBS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady snow has commenced in Tamaqua. As expected the temp dropped once it started and we are now down to 33 degrees. So far just a coating on non-paved surfaces. I'm hoping it stays that way between here and Allentown, but I fear the Blue Mountain might be a problem for me today. We shall see.

He's just jealous.... :whistle:

Don't know why.   He may have had more snow out there in the desert this season than Ewing...but I'll admit I'm not keeping track.

But while I am at it, moderate (not heavy, Ray) snow here.  About 1/2" via the eyeball;  I will go out and measure around 9 AM.

Temp down to 33.0 on light ENE winds.

Don't know why.   He may have had more snow out there in the desert this season than Ewing...but I'll admit I'm not keeping track.

Getting OT here...  storms are much more interesting to track back east.  Storms here are either brief or disorganized.  Plus the ability to watch them develop and progress on radar is impaired here. 

Also, the average storm back there, is larger than the average storm here.  That's the difference between a moisture-starved desert and the ample moisture supply back there.  For example, even though the average annual snowfall here is over 40", the average largest storm of the season is only 6".  Back home, the average is only 25", but the average largest storm is 8".  I like big storms.  You guys have been complaining about getting nickeled and dimed; that's the norm here.  Coating to 3" is our usual event.

My travel north was funny because it coincided with the mix/snow line through Burlington-Mercer Counties. Solid accumulations in all locations now on cooler surfaces. I probably should have stayed home (lol). I can't wait to drive back south into a sh-t show.

0.8" here, our street is slushy.

So, I left Mount Laurel this morning just in time, haha. I'm not sure if it is better for me to leave early or just wait until the end of the work day.

You guys (nws) did a great job pinpointing the warning area potentially. Looking good so far.

Archived