Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/24 - 3/25 OBS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, it's very odd that when one quotes someone, the quoted timestamp is an hour later than the original post was made, which is confusing, reading that HM posted at 9:07 am in reply to Tony's post from 9:58 am.  Anyone know why the system does that?  Maybe some weird daylight savings time glitch. 

I'm not seeing this, here's what I see:

post-39-0-67090800-1364225888_thumb.png

Per webcams, it seems like slush is building up along the shoulders/painted lines on rt 30, 70 and 73 in S-C NJ. A thick cloud layer and good rates always trump the calendar.

shouldn't you be out actually surveying these roads?? ;)

Mod-hvy snow in Holmdel near exit 116 of parkway...covering everything over from what I can see

This one tied for the largest storm of the season - Nov 27th at 4.5" - Seasonal total here in NW Chesco is now at 29.1" - about 85% of normal but almost 93% of normal to date thru today

Nice, we get a 4 hour storm instead of a 12...

Very light now and up to 34.2 here in NW Chesco.   Total for storm 3.4".   

Nice ending to a rather bland winter.   Brings me to about 75% of normal snowfall for the season.

This one tied for the largest storm of the season - Nov 27th at 4.5" - Seasonal total here in NW Chesco is now at 29.1" - about 85% of normal but almost 93% of normal to date thru today

Yeah, I got 4" in November.   Your 728' vs. my 352' has helped you in alot of these piddly events.   I'm only at 22.5".

So, you're saying that according to climo we should see 7% of our seasonal total yet?    I figured normal April is probably no more than 1/2 inch.

shouldn't you be out actually surveying these roads?? ;)

Mod-hvy snow in Holmdel near exit 116 of parkway...covering everything over from what I can see

Haha...how are you holding up by the way?

It is about 34 at the DOT/Trenton with light, steady snow. It seems like the end is near. The sun was poking through occasionally, too.

I'm not seeing this, here's what I see:

Ray - you won't see it on what I quoted - you have to go back to the post I quoted, #214, for example.  I tried to paste it below, but it's a little garbled, although you can see that HM replied at 9:07 am to a post from Rainshadow at 9:58 am, which is obviously impossible.  As an aside, the thing I find most frustrating about this site is the inability to build a thread of multiple posts, like a conversation - the system only lets one quote the last post (unless one wants to go hunting for the previous post, using multiquote).  The other annoying thing about this site is the system says a post was X minutes ago, when it's less than an hour old, rather than giving a time stamp, so one doesn't know if one needs to refresh to get the most up to date posts. 

Posted Today, 09:07 AM
  • promet.png
  • 2,657 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2010

Rainshadow, on 25 Mar 2013 - 09:58, said:snapback.png

1.2" here, our street is now wet; intensity has lessened since 8 am. 

Last week the coastal strip accumulated snow during the early afternoon as the band developed, even some slush on the roads.  Obviously one needs moderate rates, but I wish the it cant accumulate during the day in late March/early April urban legend would disappear.  Also other factor is its been cold, we have had sub freezing mins so its not like we had four days of 70+ (like 1997) temps leading into this.

Very true. The big question this afternoon is how far west (duh) will the strongest bands get. There is some evidence already that the rates will shift out of the I-95 corridor and especially the NW suburbs (it is the SE burbs that I'm not sure about). This situation can become dicey again after sunset, too, with lingering snow showers and borderline temperatures.

Ray - you won't see it on what I quoted - you have to go back to the post I quoted, #214, for example.  I tried to paste it below, but it's a little garbled, although you can see that HM replied at 9:07 am to a post from Rainshadow at 9:58 am, which is obviously impossible.  As an aside, the thing I find most frustrating about this site is the inability to build a thread of multiple posts, like a conversation - the system only lets one quote the last post (unless one wants to go hunting for the previous post, using multiquote).  The other annoying thing about this site is the system says a post was X minutes ago, when it's less than an hour old, rather than giving a time stamp, so one doesn't know if one needs to refresh to get the most up to date posts. 

Posted Today, 09:07 AM
  • promet.png
  • 2,657 posts
  • Joined November 12, 2010

Rainshadow, on 25 Mar 2013 - 09:58, said:snapback.png

Very true. The big question this afternoon is how far west (duh) will the strongest bands get. There is some evidence already that the rates will shift out of the I-95 corridor and especially the NW suburbs (it is the SE burbs that I'm not sure about). This situation can become dicey again after sunset, too, with lingering snow showers and borderline temperatures.

Still, this is what I see...

post-39-0-70479100-1364231701_thumb.png

so which model run is leading the way so far from last few days?

Looks like the EC is winning.  At least back home, QPF totals at TTN ASOS and the Davis Vantage Pro 2 are both 0.22".  Far, far closer to the EC than the NAM, and better than those juicy GFS runs.

Archived