northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
First 80 Degree Readings Of Spring This Week

bluewave

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom just fell out on the temps as I crossed over the Hudson River on the Henry Hudson parkway and encountered the seabreeze.. It was as high as 76 near riverdale and even 73-74 in upper manhattan. Now on the UWS it's 66 and noticeably cooler feel to the air. Beautiful day though and looking forward to 80 tmrw

Strange basically no sea breeze to speak of and temps in the low 60s all afternoon right next to the bay. I am stoked on it though, I hate hate hate the sea breeze this time of year. Spring on the South Shore of LI is mega different then when I lived in Maryland. If we keep this light flow swinging more west the b Wednesday watch the coast torch!

The 18z NAM delayed the arrival of the BDCF more so than the 12z NAM. A slight delay in the arrival means a huge difference in sensible weather for Interior New Jersey on Thursday:

18z NAM at hour 72:

f72.gif

12z NAM at hour 78:

That's one helluva gradient over Monmouth County. If correct, upper Freehold/Allentown would in the low/mid 80s while NE Monmouth's in the 50s. 20 mile gradient of about 25-30 degrees.

0z NAM backed off a bit with the temps both tomorrow and Wednesday. For some odd reason that I can't comprehend, it has the temps maxing at about 16z tomorrow, then cooling. I don't see why temps would cool from 16z on (there's no sea breeze, no clouds :wacko: ). For Wednesday, it's still pretty nice, it's better for coastal locations with a more westerly wind, low to mid 80's for most.

This afternoons RAP is pretty warm..looks like widespread 80's south of NYC

http://climate.cod.edu/data/forecast/RUC/09/NE/rucNE_2_temp_11.gif

I think temps maybe higher than modelled today. The soundings look very dry this afternoon with a W-NW flow. Tomorrow doesn't look as dry and we may have some cloudcover with the warm front sinking back south:

547zmu.jpg

74 now imby...I'll probably be at 80 before noon...kind of hazy out there and it's blocking the full efect of the Sun...

Most of the NYC Metro area (aside from some immediate shore places) should be a lock for 80, maybe even lower 80s today. Parts of New Jersey could hit 90. Tomorrow, the backdoor cold front will be close, but I think if it stays just to our north, which it probably will, it could be warmer than today. Then, we're in the ocean winds behind the front for Thursday with low clouds and drizzle developing and temps in the 50s or 60s.  Thursday night into early Friday at least looks wet with possibly some thunder, hopefully skies start to clear by Friday PM and it warms back into the mid-upper 60s at least. The weekend looks close to normal and dry IMO.

WX/PT

I thought the "launching pad" myth was debunked years ago?

I think it works sometimes. Many places are already 74-76 and should have no problem getting to the mid 80s unless clouds take over or a seabreeze kicks in. Yesterday most of our heating was in the afternoon as I think we were still upper 50s/low 60s at this point.

Archived