amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
First 80 Degree Readings Of Spring This Week

bluewave

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After sinking into SNJ, the front is starting to creep northward into CNJ over the last hour. Temps are in the 80s now south of the front:

The RAP has a late afternoon temperature burst well over 80 F (and 85 F in some spots) over Central and N New Jersey as that front shifts north...between 19 and 21z.

The RAP has a late afternoon temperature burst well over 80 F (and 85 F in some spots) over Central and N New Jersey as that front shifts north...between 19 and 21z.

Front seems to be on faster move over the last half hour. Alot of personal weather stations, showing 80s now just around I-78 and south. Even a few 90s near Philly.

Temp in the low 60's thanks to the sea breeze. What a terrible day.

I mentioned a few days ago that somewhere in the mid-atlantic will hit 90. College Park, MD is at 92 right now

Low 60s is nothing like how awful it can be behind a backdoor front or strong SE wind. Sunday was a nasty day across Long Island with winds gusting 35-40 mph off the water. The fact that much of the coastal areas were in the low 80s yesterday is by far more the exception than the rule.

euro from this far out always seems to do this,especially this time of year.

The Euro is not that only model showing more warmth next week. The ridge over the Bering Sea, also telleconnects to a West Coast trough and East Coast ridge, next week. As shown on the GFS and Euro ensemble means:

rrnuyh.jpg

2cy02t1.jpg

The Euro is not that only model showing more warmth next week. The ridge over the Bering Sea, also telleconnects to a West Coast trough and East Coast ridge, next week. As shown on the GFS and Euro ensemble means:

rrnuyh.jpg

2cy02t1.jpg

We then might return to our warm pattern which for about 10 weeks left us, although this time of year is very hard to predict.

Models are featuring another warm up next week, similar to last week. Very similar dynamics. Strong H5 ridge with a long wave trough digging in the west. Less digging on the trough on the GFS compared to this weeks setup. With this week, the trough kicks out rather quickly in response to the block over the Hudson Bay, which later pars with EUS ridge and restrengthens. Next week the trough doesn't seem as amplified and with significantly lowered heights over the Hudson Bay, the long wave joins over Canada. This should result in a more prolonged time frame of cooler temperatures once the new ridge dissipates.

Also want to mention the huge ridge that builds in the Bering Sea.

Currently:

37659411.gif

GFS forecast:

f120.gif

This is my first time at discussing the weather pattern and setup, if there's anything I'm saying or doing wrong please feel free to help me out!

Archived