Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 18th-March 20th OBS Thread

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light sleet with temps 33-34F, according to my car thermometer.  Just curious if anyone has ever looked into the accuracy of the various "Weather Bug" reporting stations.  These stations are all reading 31-32F on a path I just took in my car (Somerset-New Brunswick-Highland Park-Edison-Metuchen, basically up Route 27), while my car thermometer was pegged between 33-34F the whole way - which seems much more in line with the various reporting stations from the NWS. 

Guest Patrick

pouring snow on the mountain right now.... started as a graupel-y mix of poorly formed dendrites... now just ripping awesome flakes.

Windy here in Stamford, no snow yet aside from a few renagade flurries earlier.

For those in the city with sleet, I think that as the precip rates start to pick up and the sun goes down a bit, it should change over to snow, reports from earlier in NJ and PA were that as the precip intensified, it turned over to snow. Some inch+ hour rates being reported in eastern PA, hopefully we can get into that later.

-skisheep

Rainy Mist mix here in Hillsborough(Somerset County). Unless something changes that 1-2 inch call in this area will bust. Crazy since it is as cold or colder here than Sat storm which was all snow.  Looking at Radar looks like there will be a break for a couple hours before steadiest stuff moves in will be interesting as main Precip will be nighttime.

Archived