Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18th-March 20th OBS Thread

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 minutes away from you in Kew Gardens and can confirm that. keeps this up for another hour and it turns into a MAJOR bust for NWS and all locak mets and they will have to put out WWA

This synoptic setup always causes snow to hang on longer or start earlier or both...turns out its a good thing that it did not start earlier as well...That retreating elongated high oriented N-S over SE Canada always fools people because it appears the surface winds will be ESE or SE but they usually end up more E-NE. 

This synoptic setup always causes snow to hang on longer or start earlier or both...turns out its a good thing that it did not start earlier as well...That retreating elongated high oriented N-S over SE Canada always fools people because it appears the surface winds will be ESE or SE but they usually end up more E-NE. 

Remember many ocassions where precisely what you just said happened. I believe this has potential to wind up near 3 inches at CPK and 2-4 inches area wide before the change over

Remember many ocassions where precisely what you just said happened. I believe this has potential to wind up near 3 inches at CPK and 2-4 inches area wide before the change over

0.18 3 hr precip for the park. They're probably already at 1.5 as of 7:51pm. Could see 3 for sure outside shot at 4?

About 1.5" but mostly sleet now. Hey at least your 1 to 3 across the area verified.

Yeah, I guess that's true. It would have been nice to have seen some more snow out of this though for me at least. I wonder where the warm tongue responsible for the sleet I've been getting set up.. it wasn't in the 850/925 mb analysis on the SPC.

Yeah, I guess that's true. It would have been nice to have seen some more snow out of this though for me at least. I wonder where the warm tongue responsible for the sleet I've been getting set up.. it wasn't in the 850/925 mb analysis on the SPC.

The warm layer is a bit further up in the atmosphere than that. Try the 850mb to 700mb layer. 

2" so far in Harlem, maybe a little more.

Amsterdam Avenue is total chaos. Buses and cars stranded up and down, from 135th to Columbia (you can see all the way down to ~116th because there's a huge dip in elevation). 

That'd be a great picture for the front page of the Post.

The dryslots have been killing us...we're in another one right now which is when I flipped over to all sleet.  During bursts of heavier precip I've been mostly snow.  Only about 0.7'' now.

Archived