• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18th-March 20th OBS Thread

Looks like it's about over for us.  Rain has mixed in with the sleet and temps are about 33F now (was 31-32F for awhile).  Have 1" of a sleet/snow mix (probably 75% sleet) on the ground, which I'm sure would've been 2"+ if it were all snow. Regardless, the mix has made for treacherous road conditions in the area on local roads like Route 27 and Route 1 and especially on the smaller county roads and side streets, as most roads are at least slushy with the heavy sleet.  Nice event, especially given that it looked like all rain 2 days ago.  Up to 34.0" for the season, which is nice. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still all snow UES manhattan. Big flakes. Probably not much longer before a changeover but wouldn't be surprised if we had another half hr to hr of snow and an additional hr or 2 of sleet/freezing rain. Either way impressive stuff for june. 8.3 here for the month of march so far. (I count 5.0 for march 8th as I personally measured, even if the park recorded 4)

friend back home in danbury says its been snowing at a pretty good clip past several hours with about 2-3" so far, all roads are covered....still relatively cold, KDXR reports temp at 29F.

meanwhile its 42F here in Concord, NC with some big boomers....pretty nuts to hear thunder and see lightning with a really cold rain. maybe im just not used to it yet. prob normal for these parts during winter.

Light rain and sleet here now.

Finished with just about 2" of snow on the grass before the changeover occurred (maybe a shade under). The roads were also completely covered, so it really looked nice. I didn't measure on the road, though, but it looked to be just about an inch or a touch more. 

SN

29.4/28

4.5" accumulation

51.25" seasonal total

Still falling heavily in Dobbs Ferry as strong echoes regenerate over southern Westchester...snow has gotten a tiny bit sleetier but temperatures have remained relatively steady, indicating that icing may be on the way later. Roads are absolutely treacherous as the NWS had not billed this event as a big deal, showing only a coating to an inch here. 6" will fall easily in Southern Westchester, and parts of the area may end up closer to 10"..Another area of heavy banding is pushing northeast from Plainfield with [email protected], plenty cold for snow. Mesoanalysis shows little forward advance of the mid-level warm nose even as surface temperatures warm slightly from east winds, especially nearer the coast. Plenty cold here at 350' though...

Fantastic March we've got going, one for the ages. 

Archived