• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18th-March 20th OBS Thread

The insane anomalous weather continues.  It's been a few years now.  Watch us be in the 90s in a few weeks.

I agree but what a fun winter it was. A couple solid surprises. I had my January super band that dropped 3.5 that no one a few miles north saw a flake. I have to give this winter  b+ now. And I have a feeling before the block breaks one more surprise!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KNYC stands at 26.1 for the season and 7.3 for the month of march. Donsutherland nailed the march forecast. Wouldn't be surprised if favored areas see another 6 inches or so from another 1-2 storms. This is assuming we see nothing in April, but with blocking so late in the winter an early April storm isn't out of the question either. Impressive stuff

KNYC stands at 26.1 for the season and 7.3 for the month of march. Donsutherland nailed the march forecast. Wouldn't be surprised if favored areas see another 6 inches or so from another 1-2 storms. This is assuming we see nothing in April, but with blocking so late in the winter an early April storm isn't out of the question either. Impressive stuff

Looks like the park is gonna hit the average or go a bit above this year.  Who would have thought...

The question is how long until it breaks, the blocking looks solid even as we enter April.

Based off the CPC site, the AO is predicted to rise near neutral around the 1st week of April. I think the 2nd week of April is when we will see warmer temps.

Remember when people were afraid that this winter was going to be a dud?  NYC is right near average.

Lol they'll come in with a final lower than the initial 1.8. Just kidding but could see them doing that and it being like 2.5 or so. Either way it appears we've seen as many 4+ events in the last 10 days as the previous 4 months of fall/winter. Crazy march, and think it keeps on giving

Looks like Central Park snuck in with the 3.0" I thought they would. Still a lot better than I thought Manhattan would do tonight. We lucked out that it hit like a wall and it was in the evening.

Looks like Central Park snuck in with the 3.0" I thought they would. Still a lot better than I thought Manhattan would do tonight. We lucked out that it hit like a wall and it was in the evening.

Ya less than what truly fell (most likely) but still acceptable in my book. And really good "mood snow" as you put it lol. It's like mid winter out there these last couple days.

Based off the CPC site, the AO is predicted to rise near neutral around the 1st week of April. I think the 2nd week of April is when we will see warmer temps.

Remember when people were afraid that this winter was going to be a dud?  NYC is right near average.

and a couple very near misses which would have made it well above avg. winter was very active and fun to track for sure....

What a bootleg way for us to do it too... Pretty much through lucking out with table scraps from the bigger events that happened around us. Transitional climate FTW.

That's true jm but the two march events were over performers and the feb blizzard was a beauty even if we were on the fringes .

I actually think the AO will not rise as rapidly as predicted and the NAO looks to remain consistently negative into early April. I would think we see warmer temps for the 2nd week or April but we could still be somewhat below normal. 

nope, i hope not...im coming back up north in a week or so. would be nice if the block and the waves running into it can spin off something significant. then we can turn to spring!

NYC will get over 30 inches if the storm next week produces. Maybe 40 inches might not be out of the question ( pushing it )

I actually think the AO will not rise as rapidly as predicted and the NAO looks to remain consistently negative into early April. I would think we see warmer temps for the 2nd week or April but we could still be somewhat below normal.

While the rebound may be quick, it does seem like it could take some days into April (as you suggest) before spring weather takes over. Maybe another cold shot/storm potential in the first 10 days before spring commences 3 weeks late

While the rebound may be quick, it does seem like it could take some days into April (as you suggest) before spring weather takes over. Maybe another cold shot/storm potential in the first 10 days before spring commences 3 weeks late

Then we'll have about 1 week of spring before it's summer.  Seems like we keep losing the transition seasons as of late..

If we can find a way to get a big storm before the pattern breaks (6+, unlikely but certainly possible) this winter would jump from a C- at the end of feb to potentially as high as a B+ by winters end. My fingers are crossed

I think there's a decent chance to get another 6" storm this winter considering the huge potential next week. Actually wouldn't it be something if our biggest snow storm of the year came in early Spring. 

NYC will get over 30 inches if the storm next week produces. Maybe 40 inches might not be out of the question ( pushing it )

I'm thinking there will be a storm, where is the question and therefore where it slams (western NC to New England's in the game). This could be like the F5 at the end of Twister if we play our cards right. We'll have to strap ourselves down to the nearest pipe to hold ourselves back from the awesomeness.

Archived