• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 5-7 White Lion Obs/Nowcasting Thread

Ji

tons of wet snow falling off of the tree in the front yard splunch! splunch! splunch! making millions of holes in the snowpack in the front yard. I dont know why on earth I ever decided to walk down that damn sidewalk - tons of water under that snow! Shoes completely soaked!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally hasnt finished off stacking at either 700mb nor even 850 completely yet. Will be within an hour.

Dry air aloft is often cause for trouble aloft. Boxing day had it in Boston and I only cashed in because of a coastal front that demolished Boston. Upslope saves foothill and mountains. But when this stacks and gets going everything improves. No it won't be of level forecasted but still a significant storm outside of marine influence.

Check out this wall of snow se of baltimore on dover radar. And see snow intensifying at DC.

Screenshot_2013-03-06-08-31-13_zps97820f

My concern isnt the radar, its the BL...by the Bay, its just not cold enough and even with heavy precip, I dont think I see much accumulation...Im not ruling out snow, but warning criteria? No

Yeah, you're winds are coming from the northeast.  Might have to wait until your winds shift to due north or beyond...

SN occasionally +SN in Capitol Hill. Hoping the past few hours was just lull while the system redeveloped. It seems unlikely that ALL models prove to be wrong (in that all of them showed precip into tonight), no?

Archived