Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The March 6 Storm- The (last) Great White Hope, Part II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen such disagreement between models so close to an event. American models would leave Richmond out of any snow, while GGEM, UKMET, and EURO keep the megaband far enough south to get us in on the action. What's strange is the low tracks are all very similar but there are still large differences in precipitation placement/amounts.

Sounds like the Euro is a slightly less exciting, slightly cooler GFS.

temp profile should be workable just looking at the maps. i don't need 2" liquid if half is rain.

how about BWI?

surface temps on accuwx look warm

kinda right on the edge but the contour pushed east the most across N MD. it has been doing so every run as well (i've noted it a few times).

What's DCA qpf? 1" close to DCA sounds a smidge drier.

i dunno i only have maps. the contour dropped south like 15 miles from last run but it's basically the same.

What a brutal PBP of the Euro... IAD/DCA - 1.1" BWI - 0.8" Richmond does flip it seems and could see 2-3".

Eh, I agree with Ian though. This is a good run especially when meshed with NAM/GFS. If we get really lucky with Euro/NAM prof, NAM/GFS qpf, and NAM-like storm progression we could bust high. Don't hate for the optimism, just sayin

Archived