northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 2013 General Disco

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need a couple of 40F+ days with some sunshine...maybe a 50F...  i don't see that happening this month.

Of course this is just plain nuts:

LSE_march2012_rec.jpg

and will probably not happen again in my lifetime.

Alek said you will be growing palm trees in 50 years, so who knows.

Snippet from the DVN AFD.

YESTERDAYS TREND ON THE 12Z ECMWF...AS NOW GENERALLY BEEN ACCEPTED BY   OTHER EXTENDED GUIDANCE IN KEEPING STRONG AND VERY COLD UPPER TROF   OVER THE EASTERN 2/3RDS OF CANADA/CONUS THROUGH AT LEAST NEXT   FRIDAY. THIS MEANS OUR CWA AND ITS FORECAST TEMPERATURES WILL BE   RETREATING BACKWARDS INTO THE 30S FOR HIGHS FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK   FOLLOWING SUNDAY.  IF THE ECMWF IS CORRECT...SOME HIGHS WEDNESDAY   THROUGH FRIDAY MANY NOT EXCEED THE UPPER 20S IN THE NORTH 1/2.   

This cold can't last forever however.

Made it to 50º at LAF today...which is also the normal high for today. Torch. 

Have to hitch the wagons to the GFS and GGEM now for Sunday night/Monday morning for here, as the Euro seems to be trending south (of LAF) with the mixapalooza deal.  <_<

Made it to 50º at LAF today...which is also the normal high for today. Torch. 

Have to hitch the wagons to the GFS and GGEM now for Sunday night/Monday morning for here, as the Euro seems to be trending south (of LAF) with the mixapalooza deal.  <_<

Ukie agrees with the Euro FWIW.

Euro, GFS, and the Canadian all continue to show troughing over the GL through day 10. Bleh. Give this pattern some Exlax.

Ukie agrees with the Euro FWIW.

Euro, GFS, and the Canadian all continue to show troughing over the GL through day 10. Bleh. Give this pattern some Exlax.

Looks like the 0z Euro moved back north, getting LAF back into the action. No matter, it's a messy set up not worthy of one precipitation type being dominant, per se. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

March is shot, for all intents and purposes, if you want warmth. Doesn't bother me at all though, but I know I'm in the minority. Torch-istas will get their wish at some point... 

Looks like the 0z Euro moved back north, getting LAF back into the action. No matter, it's a messy set up not worthy of one precipitation type being dominant, per se. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

March is shot, for all intents and purposes, if you want warmth. Doesn't bother me at all though, but I know I'm in the minority. Torch-istas will get their wish at some point... 

Cold is fine if we have weather, however after Monday it looks cold and boring for the region for a good bit with this block lingering in the area. At this point I will take anything other than cold and boring.

Cold is fine if we have weather, however after Monday it looks cold and boring for the region for a good bit with this block lingering in the area. At this point I will take anything other than cold and boring.

Most of next week does look boring after Monday, but I wouldn't write off the end of next week. But as it is right now, the southern half or maybe  2/3 of the sub-forum may have the best shot at something interesting. Maybe.   

I guess we've been in the relative screw zone this winter in LAF, but I just need 0.2" more snow for March to surpass December as my snowiest month (6.4" vs 6.5" right now). Just something I'd like to see happen I guess. Even with the cold of next week present, it's getting late in the game here in central Indiana...

Great garden planting weather though. Better get my tomato cages out of storage. :lol:

Today: Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 40. North wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 
Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 8 to 10 mph. 

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. East wind 8 to 10 mph. 
Sunday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. East wind 5 to 11 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40.

Suicide watch today...  cold temps and thick clouds...  give me a break...

I'd take 0F and sunshine at this point! 

Add this:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LA CROSSE WI719 AM CDT SAT MAR 16 2013...ICY ROADS THIS MORNING....AREAS OF FREEZING DRIZZLE AND PREVIOUS PRECIPITATION HAVE LEFT AGLAZE OF ICE ON MANY AREA ROADWAYS...SIDEWALKS...AND OTHERUNTREATED SURFACES.ANTICIPATE SLIPPERY TRAVEL WHILE MOVING ABOUT EARLY THIS MORNING.BE AWARE THAT YOU COULD RUN INTO ICY STRETCHES WITH LITTLE OR NOWARNING. THE FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL END BY MID TO LATE MORNING.LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS REPORTED MANY ACCIDENTS AND SLIDE OFFS DUE TOTHE SLICK ROADS.

Nothing like a trip to Orthopedics on St Patty's Day...

Morch '12 vs Smarch '13 at LAF

3/11: 70º...52º

3/12: 75º...41º

3/13: 75º...33º

3/14: 82º...39º

3/15: 82º...50º

3/16: 81º...43º 

3/17: 79º...39º

3/18: 81º...44º

3/19: 83º...38º

3/20: 85º...38º

3/21: 86º...39º

3/22: 83º...40º

Great garden planting weather though. Better get my tomato cages out of storage. :lol:

Today: Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 40. North wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 8 to 10 mph. 

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. East wind 8 to 10 mph. 

Sunday Night: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 44. East wind 5 to 11 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 40.

Gassing up my tiller as we speak

.TODAY...PERIODS OF SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN CHANCE OF SNOW IN

THE AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE MID

20S. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING NORTH 5 TO 10 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...

THEN SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. TOTAL NIGHTTIME SNOW

ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES. LOWS AROUND 12. WEST WINDS 10 MPH

WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 20 MPH INCREASING TO NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH

WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE MORNING...

THEN MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE AFTERNOON. NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS

IN THE MID 20S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND

30 MPH IN THE MORNING BECOMING LIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS AROUND 15. SOUTHEAST WINDS

10 MPH.

.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE MID 30S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW

70 PERCENT.

.MONDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.

LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.

.TUESDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. BREEZY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S.

CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS. LOWS AROUND 17.

.WEDNESDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF

SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. LOWS AROUND 15. CHANCE OF

SNOW 70 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW

SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND 16.

.FRIDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S.

Most of next week does look boring after Monday, but I wouldn't write off the end of next week. But as it is right now, the southern half or maybe  2/3 of the sub-forum may have the best shot at something interesting. Maybe.   

Yeah there could be a potential further South but with the block strengthening of all things, us up this way will be on the outside looking in.

Archived