amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.24.2007 showing up on the CIPS analog guidance. Actually, fairly decent match with our storm. 2.24.2007 had a weakening trend as it move east/north as well.

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/event.php?reg=GP&fhr=F120&model=GFS212&dt=2007022418

(btw, have I mentioned that I love the CIPS Analog Guidance site?)

Jackson MS mentioned this storm as an analog for severe as well which I went and looked at it closely, it is a pretty comparable storm. Interestingly enough as it is modeled the storm for 9-10 days out looks a lot like the March 1st, 2007 storm

Storm blows its load early. Really, that's been on the models for awhile...but they're now realizing the precipitation reduction for east of the Mississippi river. Which I guess, makes sense the closer we get to go time. In other words, they should get a better handle on the specifics.

As my sig says, I haven't seen an all snow event of 6"+ since 2008. Lots of events just under that magic total, but still.

Yeah, that's rough. Rougher than what I had been going through although relative to your climo I'm guessing stretches like these, will unusual and unpleasant, aren't unheard of?

btw...I was expecting something about the Cubs in there too. :P

Yeah, that's rough. Rougher than what I had been going through although relative to your climo I'm guessing stretches like these, will unusual and unpleasant, aren't unheard of?

btw...I was expecting something about the Cubs in there too. :P

I can't really complain though. 2010-11 was a top 5 snowiest season on record here...and 2009-10 was good too. Just, haven't been able to reach beyond that single event all snow total of 6"+...sleet tainted GHD be damned.

Climo for LAF is around one 6"+ storm every other year/one every three years. 

Cubs...yeah, well that's a lifetime futility thing. Biggest lock ever. :D

Archived