• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

Looks like it is in almost the same exact position as the UKMET at 144, a tad stronger.  Lock that placement in, not because I want it, it probably will be close though.  I trust a UKMET/Euro agreement, even 144 hrs out.

Dang dude. You should have followed your own advice and stayed away until Monday.

Look, all I'm asking is for more than 3.4" (Boxing Day).

Now, back to my hole to hide and watch for the next 5 days.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cyclone near the Aleutian islands is the same cyclone that's going to be hitting us. Kinda rare for a low to remain coherent for so long like the GFS projects.

attachicon.gifhttp://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=90183'>latest_west_vis_nh.gif

Quite the "look into the future" considering such a strong slp and being that far away and out in time. Cool image for sure.

Could be an avalanche of sleet or sleet/ice mix looking at how high the warm nose is on these solutions. Also some moist neutral/weakly unstable air aloft that could make it interesting. I've noticed that the some of the precip seems to be coming from the convective parameterization scheme, especially on the ECMWF. Hard to tell how the upstairs is going to work out yet, but I have to think that the fact that this system is coming in on the heels of that cA airmass will result in a very pronounced low level cold wedge that will be hard to dislodge. It does look like it will eventually rise above freezing, but not until after the precip is long gone.

It doesn't matter what anyone else says, the trend is clear to me right now... NW, NW, NW and occluding.  The Euro mean tracks N of even here for goodness sake.  Hopefully it's just some weird inaccurate trend but I'm not so sure of that, especially since they just did some flights to get some data before the 0z runs.

It doesn't matter what anyone else says, the trend is clear to me right now... NW, NW, NW and occluding.  The Euro mean tracks N of even here for goodness sake.  Hopefully it's just some weird inaccurate trend but I'm not so sure of that, especially since they just did some flights to get some data before the 0z runs.

:axe: 

Archived