e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm stuck inside on a Friday night with a stomach flu, I might as well join the discussion, haha.

The Ukie is even farther north than the GGEM at 144, though a bit weaker. (996 mb on the UK vs 992 mb on the GEM)

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

Compared to last night's meh-tastic suite, this suite so far is a nice change back towards the right direction.

Since I'm stuck inside on a Friday night with a stomach flu, I might as well join the discussion, haha.

The Ukie is even farther north than the GGEM at 144, though a bit weaker. (996 mb on the UK vs 992 mb on the GEM)

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

Compared to last night's meh-tastic suite, this suite so far is a nice change back towards the right direction.

The further South this storm can get the more it will dig and end up stronger out in the Plains.

GFS and the GGEM are both much better tonight, starting to feel like last nights runs were an aberration and that we will be seeing better runs going forward.

Yeah, it seems to be common the models tend to prog weaker for a day or so on threats. Not sure why that happens, just an observation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

We are damn near seasonal average here so another 6-10" would be awesome... Would also be nice to be able to take accurate measurements without all the wind!

Pretty much the same sentiment here. AT THIS POINT "run-of-the-mill" advisory or warning criteria snowstorm seems much more likely here than a big bomb, but by the day its looking more and more like DTW has an above-average snow season in the making. May very well already be there by March 1st.

STILL 6 days out though, lots of changes will come, probably some good some bad.

I'm hoping this becomes a good snow maker as we are starting to run out of options as spring comes closer and closer for central illinois, especially east central illinois in areas that have gotten less than 4-5" all winter like here in Charleston, if we don't get a lot of snow and pretty soon you can say hello bad crop moisture levels this summer... 

Colors look great but mm is greek to me lol.  Wish they'd post the inch bar conversion right next to the mm.

Haha. Several classes in physics and certain field classes will get you used to the metric scale fast!

20mm = 0.80"

25mm = 1.00"

30mm = 1.20"

Archived