Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll flop back tonight when the models trend S, lol. Good lord we are still 5-6 days out. Normally it is not even thread worthy until tomorrow or so, and we have been bitching about it for 3 days already.

It can only go so far NW and it will start trending back S - like always happens this far out in time. Lol, this storm could be back south of I-70 in a couple runs, for all we know!

I would think that the storm would want to go more ENE than anything with the high to the north.

Screw it.  I'm not even going to bother tracking this one until the 00z Tuesday runs come in.  Need to get Monday's mess out of the way and the models will have a better handle.  I don't have the will to ride the model fantasy storm emotional roller-coaster.

I'm already annoyed that the Monday storm is looking warmer and warmer.  The snowpack has taken a serious beatdown now after yesterdays torch.  There won't be anything left here after mid 40s on Monday.  Whatever falls late next week will come on top of bare ground it seems.

Our biggest "sweating issue" will be actual moisture/precipitation, IMO.

What a screwy storm, as presented on the models right now.

We're kinda in a tough spot. If we want significant snow, we're probably going to need a quick occlusion, but that would also probably cut down on the amount of precip.

We're kinda in a tough spot. If we want significant snow, we're probably going to need a quick occlusion, but that would also probably cut down on the amount of precip.

I think signs point to us needing to punt the siggy snow idea. Be happy with our front end bag of crap...and move on. 

I think we end up with quite a bit of ice and a couple inches of snow. Either way, looks like enough for WSW criteria

Not gonna throw out amounts but one thing that has been very consistent is that there's enough cold air on the front end to cause problems. As csnavy mentioned, temps might go above freezing but maybe not until the tail end.

Archived