joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ok. Now that I see where you're posting from, I see why you're being so silly. Every single shred of meteorological data this morning indicates that this will be snowier down this way than the RPM says. 6" lol. But, don't worry, you're obviously still going to get yours. Congrats.

lol....i actually live in NC now so i have no backyard love with this.

i post a map and peeps get offended somehow...such a touchy thing this snow is.

OMG can we please stop it with the models already PLEASE? Let's nowcast this and just ignore the models. Holy crap do you guys love your models -__________- MODS should ban models from being used on the day of the storm

except if the models shows exactly what you want QPF-wise...but ignore the temp profiles  ;)

Guest Patrick

Low is deepening...just goes to show you how explosive the development is right now.  I would expect that line to continue to collapse toward the center fromt he west... keeping eastern sections in a wet mix for a little while.  nothing really that wasn't forecast.

Last frame of intellicast shows blue collapsed back southward...explain

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true

6-8" for newark I am more then happy with. Like others have said, its called historic for a reason, and if you just count the last two years, 6-8" would be historic XD

I would be happy with it too, but using meteorology, those totals are too low. You have temps several degrees cooler than progged at all levels. You have the phase beginning to occur already. You have the surface low off the coast of VA, several mb stronger than progged and 30 or so miles west of progged. All positives this morning, for anyone Philly, north.

Mets in the NE forum are commenting about the dying convection east of the low. That's a good thing-no convective feedback on the 12z runs hopefully and an acknowledgement of the low being west of Hatteras. Hopefully they come back west a little.

I mentioned this earlier for the peeps crying about 6Z. 00z NAM had the low depicted perfectly right on the NC coast and had the pressure to the T. I know for a fact the 12z will make alot of people happy. I think NAM/EURO win this. NAM temps and track with Euro QPF.

Maybe someone can correct me if this is wrong but looking at this map from the 06z gfs...http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_vort_ht&cycle=06ℑ=gfs%2F06%2Fgfs_namer_006_850_vort_ht.gif

It appears as if it would fall in line with right around where the area of low pressure is/is headed in the short term. The problems on the GFS arise after this image, as the next couple frames being it more rapidly NE, not NNE....which pulls it away. So it doesn't seem to be the gfs's current placement of the low that is far off at all....so it would seem we have to wait several hours to see just how far off it is/was and if this really will pull NE quickly and not ENE

I would be happy with it too, but using meteorology, those totals are too low. You have temps several degrees cooler than progged at all levels. You have the phase beginning to occur already. You have the surface low off the coast of VA, several mb stronger than progged and 30 or so miles west of progged. All positives this morning, for anyone Philly, north.

Agree. Don't use the GFS to make a forecast at this point, use short-range models and nowcasting.

Mets in the NE forum are commenting about the dying convection east of the low. That's a good thing-no convective feedback on the 12z runs hopefully and an acknowledgement of the low being west of Hatteras. Hopefully they come back west a little.

i think it has more to do with real weather than the models

Curious to hear your reasoning as to why it's more realistic for Newark, NJ to see 6-8" as depicted by the RPM.

i didnt say the rpm is spot on with every single precip countour, did i? EWR might see 16" for all I know but the general depiction looks in line with most other guidance outside the ridiculous NAM. this is a SW CT to E MASS special. the western fringe is still a toss up, you get a megaband on the extreme NW edge and boom, you can run naked in the streets.

i wish all you guys in the coverage area get 24"+....im just posting maps and trying to enjoy the storm from the outside looking in. but some of you who are on the inside just refuse to have a clear perspective on the situation.

i didnt say the rpm is spot on with every single precip countour, did i? EWR might see "16 for all I know but the general depiction looks in line with most other guidance outside the ridiculous NAM. this is a SW CT to E MASS special. the western fringe is still a toss up, you get a megaband on the extreme NW edge and boom, you can run naked in the streets.

i wish all you guys in the coverage area get 24"+....im just posting maps and trying to enjoy the storm from the outside looking in. but some of you who are on the inside just refuse to have a clear perspective on the situation.

:)

Btw, all, don't look at the new SREFs because they are insanely warm. Nowcast and enjoy.

Archived