joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard Observation Thread Feb 8-9th 2013

dryslot

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is some high ratio stuff. I think our 7 AM  measurement was 80:1.

Piling up out there, already seeing 15-20 car accidents on 295 north of Falmouth, ME.

Really handcuffed at the office too. Blizzard warnings don't begin until 2 PM at the earliest, but we probably hit warning criteria snows before then. Don't want to issue a double headline and confuse people.

I was just sitting in the traffic.  Went around on Route 1 then 88.  Route 88 is clear if you are going north.  It will at least get you up to Freeport.

1st flakes 6A, just a dusting when I left for AUG 6:50.  Now mod. SN in AUG and close to 1" of fluff, prob at least 30:1.  Noted 7" at 7A for N.Conway from cocorahs.

GYX map has MBY in the 10-14" strip, down from 14-18" last night, but would still be my biggest winter snowfall in 4 yr.

GYX 6-hr snow tool:

Farmington...13.1"

AUG...17.3"

LEW...20.0"

PWM...27.1" (!!)  That would tie their record, set Jan 17-18, 1979, and it doesn't include the 3-4" falling prior to 7 this morning.

Wouldn't that be included in the storm total?

Nice band setting up from IZG to AUG

Preview to the main show later? I would think that's going to be about the location of the big band. Our local WRF is really hitting it hard just SE of that actually, but we really have no clue how well it handles these types of scenarios. It's really the first big coastal with the model up and running.

Archived