• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

yes but surprised winterweatherlvr and other westerners have not chimed in...

affirms my point. The depression is deeper than Boston's winter snow total and I think most are ready for spring just to move on past the pain?

Hard to be depressed about things I can't control, like whether or not it snows.  Sure, it can be a little disappointing when a snow event looks great for days in advance, then falls apart 12 hours before the event.  But then, you move on and do all the other things that are important in life.  Being depressed about weather is a bit extreme, IMO.

Even though it's going to be chilly the next several weeks, the signs of spring are there.  I enjoy this time of year, as everything comes back to life, with warmth and color bringing renewed energy.  All the daffodils and tulips, with trees getting new leaves and growth.  Baseball starting up again.  Warm sunshine.  Spring showers and thunderstorms.  Love it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DT posted the 0z Euro snowfall map on his FB page for those who want to see the model pr0n.  In summary, 12" line goes from roughly IAD-Towson-Bel Air-Elkton.  6" a bit south of I-95 and parallels it before heading east from Baltimore.  18" out in Trixie land and CHO.  24"+ for jonjon and Phin's cabin.  

DT posted the 0z Euro snowfall map on his FB page for those who want to see the model pr0n.  In summary, 12" line goes from roughly IAD-Towson-Bel Air-Elkton.  6" a bit south of I-95 and parallels it before heading east from Baltimore.  18" out in Trixie land and CHO.  24"+ for jonjon and Phin's cabin.  

So we should expect sunny skies? Cause god knows that euro run won't happen

Hard to be depressed about things I can't control, like whether or not it snows.  Sure, it can be a little disappointing when a snow event looks great for days in advance, then falls apart 12 hours before the event.  But then, you move on and do all the other things that are important in life.  Being depressed about weather is a bit extreme, IMO.

Even though it's going to be chilly the next several weeks, the signs of spring are there.  I enjoy this time of year, as everything comes back to life, with warmth and color bringing renewed energy.  All the daffodils and tulips, with trees getting new leaves and growth.  Baseball starting up again.  Warm sunshine.  Spring showers and thunderstorms.  Love it.

I have to agree with you here. While Fall is my most favorite time of year, this comes in a very close second. I enjoy watching all the buds starting to appear. All the peaks of green that start to emerge. And they sun, I do enjoy the sun. Sun is out up here right now and it is shining into my front room which puts me in a good mood.

I have to say that I'm impressed with the willingness of so many Mid-Atlantic weenies (professional and otherwise) to persist with tracking this winter's long-range model storms that are no doubt doomed to failure.  It's blindingly obvious that we're not due any meaningful snow, yet the little train keeps chugging along.  Well played...

more week out heartache.. have one for the road

We're nearly into met spring, yet the flame of false hope still flickers, however dimly...

the thing i most dont understand is why we talk about models a week out like they are that meaningful

I guess because it's just that - something to talk about.  That, plus the fact that the last two winters have sucked in terms of snow, so some people are grasping onto anything they can before we have to shutter snow talk until July or so.

Archived