• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb Magic or Voodoo Hex? Obs and Banter

Bob Chill

I would be happy with a nice rainstorm where we get 2 or 3 inches in about 24 hours.  Wash all the chemicals off the road from local governments over-treating for marginal or non-existent events.

Of course, asking for a good rainstorm like that - it's about as likely as a good snow storm at this point.  The last good rainstorm was the front that came through in late January (after two days of 70 degree weather) with hours of heavy rain and some thunder.  Since then, it's been pretty dry with the nickle and dime crap.

Yeah. That rainstorm was our most sig winter event. Lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy with a nice rainstorm where we get 2 or 3 inches in about 24 hours.  Wash all the chemicals off the road from local governments over-treating for marginal or non-existent events.

Of course, asking for a good rainstorm like that - it's about as likely as a good snow storm at this point.  The last good rainstorm was the front that came through in late January (after two days of 70 degree weather) with hours of heavy rain and some thunder.  Since then, it's been pretty dry with the nickle and dime crap.

I am totally with you on that. Basically a sprinkle month, constantly damp enough to be annoying and not much else. Gravel roads out here will be dusty again by tomorrow.  Mostly sunny day here.  Mark it down, Tuesday will bring 1/2" plus for most of us.

Do you still think we have a shot at anything for March or early April?  Or have you thrown in the towel?

I've thrown in the towel on some storm magically popping over us.....if the models dont show some complex from the south with a closed ULL, i am pretty sure it aint happening....we are still pretty far out though...the models may not have something after 240 yet

I've thrown in the towel on some storm magically popping over us.....if the models dont show some complex from the south with a closed ULL, i am pretty sure it aint happening....we are still pretty far out though...the models may not have something after 240 yet

looks like your temp call for feb will be pretty solid.

If BWI gets no more accumulating snow this winter, we will have:

Lowest consecutive 2-year period of snow ever

Tied for first- lowest consecutive 3 year period of snow ever

Longest consecutive period (4 years) without late season accumulating snowfall (which I define as March or April).

Regression to the mean suggests that March will deliver.

February has been solidly below normal. First half of March is looking that way as well. Maybe even beyond that.

Yeah looks that way. Climo is tough soon if not already. Day like this you can feel spring exerting some influence. In some ways a cool spring is nice.. Keeps the flowering going longer as long as there aren't too many hard freezes. Next few nice sunny days might get some trees in motion in the city.

If we can't get snow then I'm glad to see the middle of the country getting it. They need all the snow cover they can get to help with the drought.

Maybe I'm finally growing up.

my stalker is still at it on twitter. he's a coward. :(

someone who posts here.. just not sure who.

I'm sure that I'm a suspect so I'll just tell you now that I don't have a twitter account. I'd rather bully in person.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

I'm sure that I'm a suspect so I'll just tell you now that I don't have a twitter account. I'd rather bully in person.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Naa I suspect it's someone who doesn't really post here but has an acct or just browses.

I was kidding about being a suspect.  I'd say it's Jeb but I think Twitter has a max on the number of characters in a tweet.  My money is on Mitch.

On the weather front, man, it's nice out there!  Just when I'm ready to shrug off winter we are going to go into the trough from hell.

It won't even be that cold tho. It's too late for it to be super cold. I mean, temps in the 40-45 range aren't fun but we'll survive.

It won't even be that cold tho. It's too late for it to be super cold. I mean, temps in the 40-45 range aren't fun but we'll survive.

Temps in that range aren't bad when the wind isn't cranking.  45 degrees, with almost-March sunshine does feel springlike.  The biggest downer for me has been all the cloudy days.  Five days of clouds, one day of sun.  Rinse and repeat.  At least we aren't in Seattle.

A little too windy to be nice today. Quick drop in temps after 4:30pm.

Yeah... We are going to be doing a lot of 'at least the sun feels good' posts next few weeks.

Crocus are out locally. Early cherries starting to open. Last year it was already 100 or so.

Back home to my VA place after 2 successful property showings this weekend.

Would like one more big snow before the property goes to someone else. Looks like the next 3 weeks will be my last hope?

8PM:  28.5 at my WV place and 33.7 here in Boyce.

Now see a WSW is up at my WV place. Wonder if it will be expanded east by morning?

Certainly a wetter event coming in Tuesday.

Archived