• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Do We Finally Get A Coastal?

dryslot

18z GFS looks a little better with the nrn s/w, but the srn stream energy is lagging behind. At this point I'd glady take a near advisory event from just the nrn stream. More of us may even get in on the fun that way.

Yeah that's what i had mentioned earlier as well, That s/w wave itself in the northern stream is pretty potent and would give us a decent little event up here, Without a phase with the southern s/w, A few would get tainted with a more amped solution phasing the southern piece

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS looks a little better with the nrn s/w, but the srn stream energy is lagging behind. At this point I'd glady take a near advisory event from just the nrn stream. More of us may even get in on the fun that way.

I'd much rather chance it with the southern energy involved. The antecedent airmass onm Thursday before the system is decent and I could see it trending colder. But at this point, I wouldn't turn down 3" of snow.

18Z GFS better than 12Z..  My friends that own a country store at the end of the snowmobile trailin town are freaking out.   They made it through a short sled riding season but other than a brief 2 days the trails are unridable.  They depend on the sled traffic in the winter.   She calls me every day to see if I see anything on the horizon.  I don't like to get her hopes up but finally today told her something maybe Friday/Sat.  The 4' stuff doesn't cut it.  We need one 10" storm and just can't seem to get it!  Still 7 weeks of snow season left although I like the powder dark Dec, January storms.  Late season with high sun angle we start loosing the retention.  Beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Not me.  Not up for a 3-4 inch snowfall....all or nothing on this one in my book.  I want to get out on my snowshoes and snowmobiling with friends.  I want to dig pathways in my yard.  I want my year and a half old dog to play in a real snow cover, not just that wet halloween storm. 2 runs in a row where the GFS trended better.  Still less than 50% for a 4+ widespread event I would think, although to see GYX talking about it is a good thing.

I'd much rather chance it with the southern energy involved. The antecedent airmass onm Thursday before the system is decent and I could see it trending colder. But at this point, I wouldn't turn down 3" of snow.

Don't get me wrong...I'd love an amped up Euro solution at my latitude, but when I'm staring at mostly bare ground in early Feb I'll take what I can get.

LOl what a weird look.

Yeah, Euro is weird look too...the whole setup is a weird look regardless of what happens. Not a classic big coastal look though unless that southern stream can become a larger player. Does look like there will be at least some snow out of this...particularly in the interior...lot of onshore flow in both solutions will make it tough for the coast.

Yeah, Euro is weird look too...the whole setup is a weird look regardless of what happens. Not a classic big coastal look though unless that southern stream can become a larger player. Does look like there will be at least some snow out of this...particularly in the interior...lot of onshore flow in both solutions will make it tough for the coast.

If ever we could survive the onshore flow, early Feb would be the best time.

If ever we could survive the onshore flow, early Feb would be the best time.

Well just inland would prob be ok around 128...the GFS solution has a really tight CF on the windfield...almost due north winds near 128 for a time while its like E or even slightly ESE right along the coastline.

Looks funny when looping the sfc maps. It's like a inverted trough tracking across the country around the high.

Euro is probably going to have a monster bomb over the benchmark.

At least we have some southern stream energy to play with... who knows if we can actually get a phase. 

Ukie much more robust with this system than the fairly tame GFS/GGEM...still not a Euro blow-up storm, but probably a high end advisory or even low end warning looking at the sfc maps.

Has the ukie had a single storm in this pattern that it didn't develop way too much? It's the new JMA in this pattern, lol. Ukie being for a storm almost seems to be like having the Kuro in the camp.

Did go a hair SE...so slightly better for here, lol...but this matter almost nil at this time range. I still think the Euro is too amped given the utter lack of support from any other guidance.

It has a sick collapsing CCB that crushes interior SNE/CNE after the taint line gets to N ORH county at 114h.

Archived