• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Do We Finally Get A Coastal?

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you all will remember when feb and march are done will be good and a big snowstorms for sne with cold air for area . Those that say winter is over will be wrong. i have some other weather people that support  that too. i DONT LISTER  to tv stations people they only are told by ther owners for ratings . execpt brad from channel 30 he is good.  Friday storm is be biggier than models show .

Well I'll never say never in this business, but the euro op has had its share of day 4.5 to day 6 bombs. It's not like that time range is accurate, but that's not a great performance indicator IMO. We'll see how this goes..maybe it's seeing something in the srn stream.

Well as a few have said, It is still a snow threat phase or no phase

Well I'll never say never in this business, but the euro op has had its share of day 4.5 to day 6 bombs. It's not like that time range is accurate, but that's not a great performance indicator IMO. We'll see how this goes..maybe it's seeing something in the srn stream.

This would be the worst one yet with 3 straight bombs.

Normally I would be excited about the Euro showing a Coastal Bomb at the day 5-6 range, but considering how terrible it has been recently.  

For one of our previous systems I posted on facebook about how I liked the chances of snow for for some day a couple weeks ago when the system was probably 4 days out.  Well Noyes jinxed it and commented that "Unless the model has an error of 500 miles or so, you have to like the chances of seeing snow" . 

Well dammit the model had an error of 500 miles and we got crap.

Wake me up in 4 days if the Euro still has the bomb idea.

The whole situation is very progressive as usual this year. The whole thing would have to come together so perfectly just in time, something that has never happened this year. When I see some serious west based -NAO locked in I'll be a believer.

Normally I would be excited about the Euro showing a Coastal Bomb at the day 5-6 range, but considering how terrible it has been recently.  

For one of our previous systems I posted on facebook about how I liked the chances of snow for for some day a couple weeks ago when the system was probably 4 days out.  Well Noyes jinxed it and commented that "Unless the model has an error of 500 miles or so, you have to like the chances of seeing snow" . 

Well dammit the model had an error of 500 miles and we got crap.

Wake me up in 4 days if the Euro still has the bomb idea.

Looks like the 0Z Euro has already begun the inevitable shift east. It took me out of the best snow. Glad to have to over with early so I can move on. LOL

I agree with you about getting this over early one as it is much less frustrating than ones that storms that string you along and then don't produce at the last minute.  As frustrating as this winter has been, at least we have know for at least 72 hours prior that the storm was a miss.  This week appears to be more of the same as I think by Tuesday we will be pretty certain about another miss and then the same 10 people can track another coating to and inch for 40 pages. 

I agree with you about getting this over early one as it is much less frustrating than ones that storms that string you along and then don't produce at the last minute.  As frustrating as this winter has been, at least we have know for at least 72 hours prior that the storm was a miss.  This week appears to be more of the same as I think by Tuesday we will be pretty certain about another miss and then the same 10 people can track another coating to and inch for 40 pages. 

You probably should start right now to stop tracking it............... :weenie:

You probably should start right now to stop tracking it............... :weenie:

Nah...I will wait until tomorrow as it has been the 72-84 hours period prior when all coastals have been pulled off the table.  The pattern has been too progressive for some time...it remains too progressive now.  This week looks like more of the same for the past month.  Two more unphased, moisture-starved, fast moving clippers that produce less than 2 inches region wide.  If the EURO still show a phased solution Wednesday it will be the first time we will have seen a solution like that within 48 hours of the event at it will deserve more credence.

Just looking over things and I think it'll be really difficult to time this up perfectly ala Euro...lots of moving parts. Even the most recent run gets things going pretty late, relatively speaking, for western New England.

I have a feeling this will end up northern stream dominated with a clipper'esque outcome Friday morning.

Just looking over things and I think it'll be really difficult to time this up perfectly ala Euro...lots of moving parts. Even the most recent run gets things going pretty late, relatively speaking, for western New England.

I have a feeling this will end up northern stream dominated with a clipper'esque outcome Friday morning.

That's a good possibility, It has a little more moisture with it then the weds s/w

let us not forget the euro did have the right idea generally speaking about the end of the year event with that one big run...that and noyes and ct blizz all scored MAJOR victory with that one

Not out of the possibility, But its going to have to get some other model support here soon to buy its solution

Archived