Newest Member
    joxey
COLD OBS / Forecast

NorEaster27

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11.9/-2

I think Thursday night will be the coldest for most. More radiational cooling with light winds. These winds are keeping LI warmer.

..got down to 7* this morning..if thurs. nite stays clear and calm.I might

get to zero or below.

note: local ponds show some ice..with a few still 'open'..creeks of moriches bay have ice.

Thank god...and I'm loving every minute of it. Had to wait outside this am at curbside check in at JFK for 20 minutes and it was damn cold out. Kinda sad I'm gonna miss most of it but have my brothers wedding in Aruba. I suspect after this streak ends maybe Monday of Tuesday well have a few day break where we moderate before we have another 7-10 day arctic-ish plunge

That's odd how quickly you rose...at 951 it was 13 at CPK and 15 at LGA (I know you're some ways a way from there though)

it's 20.5 on my digital thermometer now...It's probably 21 on my mercury thermometer...My shelter gets Sun all day with no leaves on the trees...I'm usually as cold as Newark...

Yeah I got a little warmer today than I expected...Dobbs Ferry is now at 22.5/2. NWS was a bit warm with the lows the last couple of nights, until last-minute changes to the point+click, but milder than expected days given 850s may be a correct assumption.

Agree. NWS has me at 10 for tonight. Don't think we'll get there since most model guidance has me around 14-15 tonight. I think I'll get into the single digits Thursday night with clear skies and light wind. 

Yeah I got a little warmer today than I expected...Dobbs Ferry is now at 22.5/2. NWS was a bit warm with the lows the last couple of nights, until last-minute changes to the point+click, but milder than expected days given 850s may be a correct assumption.

Those temps seem wrong for Dobbs Ferry.

White Plains is still at 16F:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=okx&zmx=1&zmy=1&map_x=118&map_y=156&x=147&y=195

Archived