Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
COLD OBS / Forecast

NorEaster27

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temperatures are down a bit more than yesterday right now, was down to 11F this morning, maybe single digits tonight. Would be the first time in a few years at least. 

Probably more like two years...January 2011 had five single digit nights at the Rutgers wx station.

15 right now, about a degree colder than yesterday at this time.  Hoping for single digits tonight.  Much of the Raritan River in New Brunswick/Piscataway is frozen over.

Probably more like two years...January 2011 had five single digit nights at the Rutgers wx station.

15 right now, about a degree colder than yesterday at this time. Hoping for single digits tonight. Much of the Raritan River in New Brunswick/Piscataway is frozen over.

Did one of those days go below zero? Im in Piscataway near the basketball arena and I think one of those days I was slighty below zero.

Well tomorrow we have one more shot to keep NYC in the 10s. 850s look to be at or below -20c through Thursday afternoon. Wind direction also a bit more northerly. As stated earlier, the coldest night for most of us is probably Thursday night w/ better radiational cooling. NYC likely bottoms out tonight.

16F in the park, 17.1F at a PWS in Hell's Kitchen (I'd imagine pretty representative of midtown).  I think I finally acclimated to the cold on this last run, wasn't too bad at all.  On a side note, I don't think I've seen the sky this clear here.  You can see plenty of stars even in midtown.

16F in the park, 17.1F at a PWS in Hell's Kitchen (I'd imagine pretty representative of midtown).  I think I finally acclimated to the cold on this last run, wasn't too bad at all.  On a side note, I don't think I've seen the sky this clear here.  You can see plenty of stars even in midtown.

The cold, winter night's skies are so much cleaner than the summer night's skies. 

The cold, winter night's skies are so much cleaner than the summer night's skies.

Agreed. I wish we could have at least a full month of this like we do haze/humidity in the summer.

Same. There are so many benefits to winter/cold that people don't realize. I went down to Long Beach for the sunset today and yesterday and it was stunning.

21 high here unc.... you seem to run a little high... exposure ok?

my shelter is 40ft to the south of my house...my backyard is all cement but the swim club is behind me with at least a few acres of open fields...it's behind my shed...I had my thermometer calibrated years ago...so it isn't a faulty instrument...I'm surprised we are four degrees off...

Archived