metalicwx366

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still raining this morning.  :maprain:

0.48 inch on Monday.

0.74 inch on Tuesday.

0.20 inch since midnight this morning.

Storm total:  1.42 inches with more to come today.

Hickory has pretty much been right on the dividing line with this precip shield.  The totals drop off quite precipitously as you move east from here, so I'm pretty happy with these totals so far.

January rainfall is at 2.10 inches so far.

I think this belongs in obs. Been hearing about a few landslides in the mountains from all this rain. Well it looks like 441 going through the smokies is going to be closed for a little while. Expect more of this as the next system dumps some more rain on us.BAv8CZTCIAIO1XQ.jpg

At least a half days work there. 

Looks like it is starting.... Winter Storm Watch - HSV - (Late Thurs - Fri)

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HUNTSVILLE AL108 PM CST WED JAN 16 2013...WINTRY WEATHER WILL LIKELY AFFECT MUCH OF THE TENNESSEE VALLEYBEGINNING LATE TONIGHT AND DURING MUCH OF THURSDAY....A POWERFUL UPPER LEVEL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL DEVELOP AND MOVEACROSS NORTH CENTRAL ALABAMA. COLD AIR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEMWILL CAUSE PRECIPITATION TO CHANGEOVER FROM RAIN TO SNOW DURING THEOVERNIGHT. THERE IS ALSO A POTENTIAL FOR ICE FOR FORM ON ELEVATEDSURFACES AND IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN...AS THE COLD AIR RUSHES ACROSSTHE REGION BY EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.ALZ004>007-009-016-TNZ076-096-097-170400-/O.NEW.KHUN.WS.A.0001.130118T0900Z-130119T0000Z/LAWRENCE-LIMESTONE-MADISON-MORGAN-JACKSON-CULLMAN-MOORE-LINCOLN-FRANKLIN TN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MOULTON...ATHENS...HUNTSVILLE...DECATUR...SCOTTSBORO...CULLMAN...LYNCHBURG...FAYETTEVILLE...WINCHESTER108 PM CST WED JAN 16 2013...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGHFRIDAY AFTERNOON...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HUNTSVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGHFRIDAY AFTERNOON.* TIMING AND AREAS AFFECTED...STARTING AT 3 AM CST. INCLUDING THE  NORTHERN ALABAMA COUNTIES OF LAWRENCE...LIMESTONE...MADISON...  MORGAN...JACKSON...AND CULLMAN...ALONG WITH MOORE...LINCOLN...AND  FRANKLIN COUNTIES OF SOUTHERN MIDDLE TENNESSEE.* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES.* OTHER HAZARDS...COLDER AIR RUSHING ACROSS THE REGION AS THE STORM  DEVELOPS...MAY RESULT IN RESIDUAL WATER FREEZING ON EXPOSED  SURFACES...BEFORE THE SNOW BEGINS. BRIDGES...OVERPASSES...AND SOME  OF THE HIGHER ELEVATED TERRAIN WILL BE MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO BEING  AFFECTED BY ICE.* IMPACTS...WHILE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED MAINLY ON GRASSY  SURFACES...ICE AND OR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ON ELEVATED ROADS AND IN  THE HIGHER TERRAIN COULD RESULT IN HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANTSNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

Big difference in 50 miles! I had 0.61"

I ended up with 1.5 for the front, and Goofy was giving me a half inch just a few days ago. I'm well pleased.  Now if the ULL can deliver on more rain/snow, I'll begin to believe in a possible great late Jan./Feb.  Goofy said I'd get 3/4's from the ULL a few days back.  T.

0.48 inch on Monday.

0.74 inch on Tuesday.

0.53 inch since midnight this morning.

Storm total:  1.75.

Hickory has pretty much been right on the dividing line with this precip shield.  The totals drop off quite precipitously as you move east from here, so I'm pretty happy with these totals so far.

I wanted to update my totals for the day and the storm.  Changes are bolded.

Rain is beginning to pick up again per radar trends and per my observation of it hitting the roof above my head.  I'll probably pick up another tenth before midnight.  Then tomorrow should bring a good deal more.  This has been quite the impressive rain train this week, and my totals pale in comparison to some of our TN brethren and the mountainous regions of NC.

Archived