joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2013 OBS

metalicwx366

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torched at 79 now and beautiful outside.

Failed to torch today.  Only managed a high of 52.3 F today and that was at midnight!  Failed to see the sun.  Saw quite a few droplets of mist, enough to finally add up to 0.26 inch.  I'm currently "roasting" at 45.7 F.  Gotta love the CAD to extinguish the torch!!  :weight_lift:

Failed to torch today. Only managed a high of 52.3 F today and that was at midnight! Failed to see the sun. Saw quite a few droplets of mist, enough to finally add up to 0.26 inch. I'm currently "roasting" at 45.7 F. Gotta love the CAD to extinguish the torch!! :weight_lift:

Was this expected? I thought you all were supposed to get up to 70 today, or is that tomorrow?

NWS BlacksburgNo significant threat of precipitation today or tonight. Warm moist airmass is streaming north from the Gulf Coast into the MS/TN/OH valleys. Some weak isentropic lift within this flow may bring some intermittent sprinkles or a light rain shower of two to the far western County Warning Area...quantitative precipitation forecast of a hundredth of an inch if you are lucky. 

Looks out the window.. :maprain:

It was 46 this morning at 8 a.m., which was only four degrees cooler that yesterday's high of 50. With an all day rain, I picked up .75 inches, not bad for January. Here's the view toward Asheville this morning. A light drizzle is falling right now. Bring it on!

Man, where have you been?  Nice photo.

Archived